𝟯𝟳. next step

ooo.┊ # NEXT STEP ✧˖*°࿐
-ˋ 🤍 𝒐𝒓𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 — 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒-𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

        EDMUND WOKE UP AN HOUR LATER and panicked. He specifically remembered Anastasia coming back and cradling him in her arms. So where was she?

        He got up and started frantically looking around the room before the door opened. "Hey, it's okay." Her soft voice rang through his ears. He immediately calmed and took her in his arms. "It's okay. I'm okay." Edmund nodded along with her as she placed her hands on his face.

        "You're okay." He mumbled over and over again, trying to burn it in his memory. He sighed and brought her into a tight hug. "You had me worried. I always knew one of these days you were bound to give me a heart attack." Anastasia chuckled and rubbed the back of his shoulders.

        "I'm glad you didn't." She pulled back slightly and stared up at him. His eyes were intently taking in every feature of her face. "Can I kiss you?" He whispered. Once she nodded, he crashed his lips on her soft ones.

        The two put all their love, worry, joy, and relief in the kiss. Anastasia slowly started smiling into it causing Edmund to smile. "What?" "Nothing." The two kissed while giggling before Anastasia pulled away.

        "You should probably go and see if Peter needs any help right now." "But-" "I have to go wash off somewhere, Edmund. We'll spend the night together. Okay?" Edmund hesitantly nodded before giving her another kiss.

        "I love you." "I love you too."

        "This is actually pretty easy." Anastasia told Alastair. The two were walking inside after he gave her a few more lessons on sword fighting. "Yeah. You just need balance and concentration. Which are things you don't have."

        Alastair chuckled as she jokingly shoved him before the two ran into Susan. Before any of them could speak, they heard something down the hall where Aslan's Table was.

         They shared a look before running down the hallway. They walked in and saw chaos. Lucy and Trumpkin were laying off to the side after having stabbed Nikabrik. A dead wolf was a few feet away from them and a weird creature was on the other side.

        "What the..." Alastair quietly mumbled as the three walked closer. They looked forward and saw Peter was standing in front of the White Witch who was encased in ice. Before they could do anything a sword went through the ice from the other side.

        The Witch looked down before looking up and yelled as the ice shattered revealing Edmund behind it. "I know." Edmund panted while looking down at Peter. "You had it sorted." He lightly scowled before walking down the stairs and quickly making his way out.

        Anastasia decided to wait a couple of minutes for him to cool off before following after him. "Where are you?" She muttered to herself as she ran around the Howe. If he's in the woods, I will not be going out there. She thought - having seen way too many horror movies.

        10 minutes later, she stumbled into an empty hallway that she didn't know existed. She peeked over the corner and saw Edmund sitting against a wall. She slowly stepped out and walked over to him. He stared up at her until she took a seat next to him.