Chapter 4

Quinn got home and the urges to shift into a wolf were way to much to handle. Being next to her mate for that long brought the wolf to the surface of her skin. She can feel the growls starting to escape her lips. Quinn needs to go, she needs to run.  

It was dark out and the nearest forest was only a couple miles away so she knew she could make it that long without shifting. Quinn barreled down the stairs and out of the house into the dark. She stretched for a moment and took a breath to prepare to run to the forest so she can shift there. In her fit she didn't hear Brittany behind her. 

"Are you okay? You look like and alien is about to burst from your chest." Brittany's voice is soft and genuine like it always in. Brittany steps out onto the lawn and approaches the frantic girl. 

"Yeah I just need to go for a little bit. I'll be back in a few hours." Quinn was using all of the strength she had to not growl or start shifting in front of the cheerleader. 

"I can drive you. You seem rushed." Brittany walks over to her car but Quinn doesn't move from her spot on the lawn. 

"How fast can you drive to the forest preserve down the road?" Quinn slowly walks over to the car while a few grunts escape her lips. She is hunched over to hold in everything she can. 

"5 minutes tops. You look like you are pain. Why do you need to go to the forest preserve?" They get in the car and Brittany speeds off down the road. 

"I'm not in pain." When Quinn shifts she is never is pain it is more like you are cracking your bones. But right now she is in pain because she can't release the beast that is slowly clawing her way out. "Can you just DRIIIIVE." A growl falls from Quinn's mouth as she starts to feel her sharp teeth form. 

"Um okay. I'm really worried about you Quinn. I have no idea what is going on." Brittany looks between the squirming girl and the road. 

"I am fine. Well I am going to be fine once you get me to the forest preserve." Quinn holds the wolf in with all the strength she has but she is starting to feel the change begin. Quinn looks through the window and sees that Brittany is pulling into the parking lot of the forest. 

"Do you want me to pick you up in a couple hours or something? I really don't know what to do." Brittany almost sounds like she is about to cry. The car comes to a screeching halt.

"Everything is fine. I promise and don't come back. I will be home in a few hours." Quinn wrestles with the buckle for a moment before breaking out of it and the car. "Thank you." Quinn says in a normal voice before a deep struggling sound bursts from her throat. Quinn runs off into the woods without even turning back. 

Brittany is left sitting in the car extremely confused. She heard a deep scratching sound when Quinn closed the door. So the cheerleader makes her way to the passenger side of the car. She inspects the door and sees that there are 4 gashes in the metal of the car. 

"I didn't see a knife in her hand." Brittany mumbles to herself as she gets back into the car. Is she going to get hurt, Brittany thought to herself. No Quinn is the the strongest person Brittany knows. There is no way Quinn can be hurt. Brittany was still worried so she kept the car parked and stayed there waiting for any sign of Quinn. 

Quinn runs deep into the woods before tearing off her clothes and succumbing to the wolf. It only takes a few seconds for her to shift into the 6'7 blonde wolf. Quinn feels completely free after she changes and she has all control over the monster. The first thing Quinn does is howl loudly at the top of her lungs to alert her mate. She knows Rachel wont be able to hear because the wolf is to far away but she does it anyway.  

After Quinn howls she runs and runs. Only stopping to eat a deer or two. She needed this release, she needed to be free to help her calm down all of the urges. The wolf urges, the Rachel urges, all of the urges.