2. Who am I ?

He took his hand back in a daze. But the girl reached out and held his hand tightly as if she was a little rabbit, very scared, and mumbled again.

"D_on't leave me alone. N_no! Stop the fire. Somebody please help." She was breathing heavily and looked so timid.

Devian could not help but reach out to rub her head. This somehow gave the girl a sense of security and soon she fell asleep calmly again.

After confirming that she was sleeping, Devian left the room.

Next morning, the sun was shining brightly and the rays from the window lit the whole room giving a warm feeling.

When she opened her eyes, the bright light felt uncomfortable so the girl instinctively closed her eyes. She again opened her eyes slowly only to know that she was in someone's room. It was serene and spacious.

Seems like she was saved by someone last night!

"Where am I? Why am I here?"
"And... Who am I?"

Has she lost all her past memories? How is she going to find out who she was!?
She was in a state of panic. The bruises her her arms and legs made her anxiousness wilder.

She sat up, but as she was weak and struggled. A bag kept on the table not far away from the bed caught her attention. She walked to the side of the table slowly and cautiously, hesitated for a while then decided to look into it.

She caught hold of a paper as she pushed her hand inside the bag. She took it out. It was a half filled form of a designing competition. There was photo attached and only the name 'Arien Jenner' along with two designs.

Straight up ahead, there was a mirror. Her face, she looked through it and then back to her picture attached to the designing form. "I wonder, how did I get so bruised?" She muttered.

However, with this bit of information she figured out that it was her name. Unfortunately all the other columns were empty. She had no more information about herself let alone about where she was.

Arien deliberately started searching the bag for more information but at last she got nothing.

She was helpless. She didn't know about herself. How could she stay calm? Suddenly a sharp pain on the back of her head started to make her dizzy. Everything in front became blur and she fell on the ground with a thud!

Not long after, the middle aged woman who cleaned her earlier, rushed inside and put her back on the bed.
The next time when Arien opened her eyes she saw an old man wearing a white coat.

He said, "Child, the outcomes of your injury is severe. You should have a good rest and avoid moving around."

"Thank you." Arien smiled.

Her smile was as bright as the sunshine.

The doctor nodded "Good girl" and left.
Soon after the middle aged woman walked in again.
Seeing Arien trying to sit she stepped forward and helped her.

"Miss, I am the caretaker of this house, Anne. You can call me whenever you need anything."

Anne had almost all her hair turned grey, tied into a high bun. She looked old but she was only in her 40s. Probably the stress of life that she looks older than she actually is.
She gave off a very familiar and comforting feeling to Arien as soon as she started talking.

"Thank you aunt Anne." Arien smiled to her.
She could not help but ask Anne, "How did I come here?"

"It was the night before when our master brought you home. You were unconscious injured, really bad. He assignment me to take care of you until you recovered." Anne replied.

"Oh, I see." Arien nodded. She did have marks and bruises so that means... Her life was in danger for some reason?

Her body became tense but then she heard.

"Miss, now you should have a good rest." Anne helped her lie down "I will bring you your breakfast right away"

"You can just call me Arien. She smiled. "I don't want to lie down anymore. My body will start rusting!"

Seeing her so approachable Anne could not help but pinch her rosy cheeks and say, "Your body is still weak, you should eat first, after that I'll accompany you to have a walk outside."

Arien obediently lied down. Soon after Anne came back with a bowl of porridge and juice.
She fed Arien and then accompanied her out as promised.

Arien was fascinated with the beautiful flowers in the garden. She gain lot of knowledge about those flowers from aunt Anne.

She almost forgot that she knew nothing about herself since she was enjoying the motherly company after being in so much stress.

Arien was a beautiful and young girl around her early twenties. She had a flawless and delicate skin with a slender figure and shiny long black hair. Wandering around the garden in a beautiful white dress she looked like an angel straight from heaven.

......

In the Ace Corporation Inc, special assistant, Dean Rian passed a folder to Devian. He open it and went through the pages.

"Interesting! She should not be told about this." Devian spoke. His slender finger tapping rhythmically on the table "First find out who the person is."

"Yes, director" Dean accepted the order and went out of the office.

There was a cold smile in Devian's eyes.