Behind the scheme

"What work?" Harry was confused. Has this woman gone mad!

"I helped you spend time with Arien. If I wouldn't have planned the accident, how do you think you would have spent time with Arien?"

"It was you?" Harry exclaimed. Anger raging in his eyes.

"Of course, it's me" the women replied.

"Nicole, you...!" Harry shouted "I'll not spare you for this.

...

While they drove back to Ashley's place, Devian knew that this incident is not just an accident but a plot. He thought deeply about the person who would want to cause Arien any trouble. The first person in his mind was Robert.

Robert was Arien's uncle, adopted son of a rich and noble Jenner family. Old Mr Jenner also divided his property and business equally among both his sons.  Even after getting the same care as his own child he was still unfilial to Old Mr Jenner. The shot circuit in Jenner family's house was definitely not a mishap but a plan plotted by Robert. He wanted the whole share himself so he decided to kill the whole family.

"Arien and Devian ... These names matches so much, as if they are put together in heaven." Ashley's voice broke the silence in the car.

"Stop talking Ashley or else I'll beat you to death."

The two ladies kept quarreling. Ashley felt happy to tease Arien so she deliberately bought Devian's name in almost everything they talked.

Devian looked from the rare view. Her cheeks were reddened with embarrassment. He felt happy looking at Arien's flushed face.

"Why on earth did I make this friend. I would have found a friend who would speak less!" Arien could not help but sigh in her heart. "Get back home and I'll let you know you lil witch!"

She also peaked at him and managed to met Devian's deep eyes. For a moment they looked at each other as if they were lost into each other.

"Arien, I'll attend some guests today at home and would not be able to accompany you." Ashley noticed it and decided to let them spend some time together.

"Please stop the car." Ashley requested Devian and then turned to Arien "I'll have to buy some things for them. I'll leave you to Mr Lyle." Ashley left after throwing these words to Arien. Arien didn't know what to say.

She just looked at Ashley's departing figure and cursed her in heart "This girl has plotted against me. She is definitely doing it on purpose."

"Where will I go now?"

"I'll definitely not go with this man"

"Then where shall I go"

"I can go and find about my whereabouts! Yes that's a good idea" Arien was busy thinking about the things she is going to do this afternoon when suddenly Devian passed a folder towards her.

She didn't take it rather asked "What's this? Do you want me to work for you now? I said I'll pay you. I don't need to work for you, right?"

"Don't you remember yesterday's kiss? We were all alone right?"
Devian suddenly bought that matter up and pulled back his hand which was holding the folder.

"Why is he mentioning this matter now? We're still alone! Does he has I'll intentions? No no! Heavens save me from this beast!"

"What..... What do you want to say?" Arien's voice shuddered with fear.

"I....... didn't do that intentionally." Devian's voice was low but clear.

"So?" Arien raised her eyebrows

Does he want to apologize for that?

"Can't this girl understand that I want to apologize! Why is she acting so dumb?" Devian, being the Great CEO of the internationally famous Ace Corporation Inc, can't say words of appreciation and apologies easily.

"If you want to say something say it clearly, I won't understand if you don't say it. Even if she knew that Devian want to apologize she didn't want to leave him that easily.

"Sorry for that" Devian still wanted to apologize. He spoke in a very low voice.

"What did you say?" Arien wanted to tease him. She liked his expression a lot. "I didn't hear you."

"I said you have only two days. If you don't want to pay me then agree to my conditions now itself." Devian understood that she was deliberately teasing him so he changed the topic.

"This man! Can't he make me happy just for once?" Arien thought to herself.

"Come here" he patted the passenger seat beside him.

"Why?" She didn't want to listen to him but she had already came out from the back seat and sat on the passenger seat.

Devian leaned towards her which made Arien jump up. For the time she forgot that she was in the car and her forehead hit the roof.

"Ouch! It hurts it hurts."

Devian could not help but chuckle. He didn't go back instead he buckled the seat belt.

"Ohh!" He just wanted to help her with the seat belt. Arien misunderstood him.

"Let me check." Devian touched her forehead searching for the spot where she got hurt.

She could see his handsome face close to her. His deep eyes were fixed on her forehead. He was handsome. He had that appearance which could make him stand out in the crowd.

He was fair. His unfathomable, dark and deep eyes contrasted exceptionally with his light toned face. His eyes were as deep and expressive, where you could get lost if you stared long enough.

His face had that faraway look in it, which cannot be described in words. His smile, which reached up to his eyes, flaunted his modesty with strength.

She was lost in his handsome face when she felt his slender fingers moved gently from her head to her cheek.

She could feel her face turning hot red. She instinctively closed her eyes.