Escaping the devil's den

"Come back tomorrow. We'll arrange your marriage in few days. After that you can go and take her with you to California and you would get good time to spend together." Mrs Lyle continued

"I've already married." Devian didn't knew how to refuse his mother so he threw these words without a second thought .

"What.....?" Mrs Lyle didn't know what to say. "Who...?"

Devian kept speaking "I'll bring her to meet you someday."

"Are you happy with this decision of yours?" Mrs Lyle asked in a concerned tone.

"Yes" Devian gave a short but satisfying answer.

"Well then, if my son is happy we are happy" Mrs Lyle continued "We will be coming to meet her next week."

"Okay, I'll hung up first". After ending the call Devian had a faint smile on his face.

He just said he was married! What's happening!

It was still an hour hour before dinner time so Devian decided to work.

Since long, Dean didn't know where his director was, he was in a state to panic. But because Devian's true identity in California was not known, so he was safe for now.

Slept a lot and only woke up the next morning. She was still not fully awake when Devian threw a folder towards her.

Seeing the folder on the bed Arien asked in a confused tone "What's it?"

"Today your 7 days time is over. Sign it." Devian ordered sternly.

The cold and aloof director is back!

"For your kind information Mr Lyle, I still have 8 hours time. What if I pay you by the time?"  Arien spoke while looking at the clock.

"No more time, sign it!" Devian raised his voice.

"I won't" Arien spoke even louder, got off the bed and started walking towards the bathroom to clean up.

Just as she was about to open the door, a strong force pulled her and she was pushed to a wall. Now she was stuck between him and the wall.

"Let go off me!" Arien shouted.

"Sign it or else I won't let you go." Devian held her shoulders so tight that she felt her shoulders would break.

She pushed him hard but it was of no use. Devian was much stronger than her. She wouldn't even managed to move him an inch even if she used all her strength.

She was not one who would surrender that easily.

She bit her lips, endured the pain and said, "Mr Lyle, you can't force me to anything." Arien was shocked and hurt at the same time and two crystal clear drops of tears rolled down her cheeks.

Devian remember that she didn't cry when she was badly injured or when she faced the drunkards on the beach or during the terrible car incident.

Devian's heart ached when he saw her crying like this because of him but he had no other choice.

"Sign it!" He spoke and threw her on the bed.

Arien took the pen and signed the file with trembling fingers. Then she threw the file on Devian, got up and left.

She locked herself in the bathroom and wept. When she was sure that Devian had left she got out, packed her things and walked out of the room, ready to leave this place and never return.

"Arien where are you going child?" Aunt Anne's concerned voice came from behind.

"I'm leaving. I've already cleared my debt. Now I won't stay here anymore." Arien spoke without stopping.

"But child you don't have your memory. Where will you go?" Aunt Anne deliberately put forward this to stop Arien from going away.

"Anywhere but I don't want to stay here anymore!" She knew that she has nowhere to go. She still didn't want to stay in this devil's den!

Sure enough! Devian didn't do the right thing! He shouldn't have forced her. But let's believe in fate.

...

In the Visight Company.

Dean stood with sweats dripping from his forehead. He wiped it an number of times but it made no difference.

He had never seen his director like this. He looked like a wild beast. Although his expression was calm as usual, his eyes were red with anger. Dean decided to keep his mouth shut.

"Are you here to show me your face?" Devian said. His voice was so cold that could make chills run down ones spine and make the person shudder with just one look.

"D... director Lyle, Visight earlier had worked with the Chester group's Harry Chester a couple of times." Dean's voice had a hint of fear.

"Hmm..." Devian's look didn't change "let him make the first move."

"Nicole, the manager of his Blooms company called Harry just after the car incident and even met her late night." Dean gave the detailed information.

"Okay, wait for my orders." Devian said.

After that Dean walked out of the office and finally let out a sigh of relief.

Devian didn't move and stared blankly at a distance. His heart was in a mess.

...

Arien came out of Lyle mansion, started walking.

Suddenly her phone rang. It was Ashley. As a good friend Arien didn't want to make Ashley worried. She took two deep breaths before picking the call.

"Hello." Her voice was crisp and soft. Her tone was so comforting to the ears that anyone would want to listen more.

"Are you in Lyle mansion?" Ashley asked

"N......" Arien didn't want to tell her the truth "Yes... I'm in the Lyle mansion."

"I called you to apologize for yesterday. I suddenly ran and left you with Devian. I had some urgent works. I hope you'll understand." Ashley actually wanted them to spend time together but she felt that leaving her like that was not a good idea. So she called her to apologize.

"I understand. I didn't sleep well last night. I want to sleep a little late. I'll hung up first." And she hung the phone.

She knew that if she will speak a little more she will not be able to control her tears.

She just started getting good impression of him and he again hurt her.

Reality was so cruel like a sharp knife, repeatedly piercing through her heart, making Arien's heart seem like it was bleeding profusely.

However, no matter how cruel reality was and no matter how much pain she was in, she had to gnash the teeth and swallow the pain. She had no one to share the pain with.

"Mom.. dad.. where are you?" She called the names of people she wanted to meet as soon as possible. Even if she had lost her memories, even if she didn't know who they were, she believed that as long as she find her parents, they will accept her.

...