Let me help you!

He stood straight, tidied his slightly crumpled shirt and held Arien's hand. Her cold hands were in his warm palm which gave her a sense of security and comfort. But as she took a step she felt a sharp pain in her right foot and struggled to stand clenching onto Devian's shirt. His eyes swept from her face to her leg where there were stains of blood. He knelt down on one leg in front of her.

"No...stop....!"

"Let me help you." He didn't let Arien complete her sentence, held her foot and opened her heels. He pick her up by her waist and started walking towards his car parked at the road side.

He helped her sit on the passenger seat and buckled up the seat-belt. Then sat in the car and drove back.

The Sea Bay beach was at a distance. After driving for about an hour they were back in the Lyle mansion.

He picked her up and walked towards living room and seated her on the couch gently. "Bring the medical box."

Anne who stood there to greet her master as usual was startled again. Not only that. Dean who was waiting for his master at the door was shocked as well.
Their master rushed out to bring the girl back without even taking Dean with him and now bought her back in his arms.

This is too much!

Soon Anne bought a medical kit and placed it on the table.

"Don't move." Devian knelt down in front of the everyone and cleaned her wound with utmost care, avoiding any kind of discomfort for her.

She, like an obedient child, nodded and sat on the couch without any motion.
When Devian completed treating her wound he took her to the room and put her on the bed "It's late sleep now." He turned around and was about to leave when he heard Arien's soft voice. "I saw you car departing, why did you came back to save me?"

Devian turned around and saw her back facing him.

Arien pursed her lips and lied there waiting for his answer. She didn't know why she was so eager to know his answer. She could feel her heartbeat gradually. She decided not to look at him so she deliberately turned her back towards him.

"Because you still have to pay me a million dollar, have you forgotten the deal so easily?" Devian answered calmly and walked out of the room slamming the door.

Hearing Devian's answer she felt disappointed. But why is she thinking so much. She should focus on paying him back and then living freely.

She tried to sleep but somehow she didn't felt sleepy. She sat up and walked towards the balcony with tottering steps. She sat there looking at a distance. Her eyes were fixed and her heart was in a mess.

"What has happened to me? Why am I affected with him? No no no I shouldn't be like this. I'll pay him and go away from this strange person."

...

It was not only Arien who was not happy with his answer. Devian sat in the living room. His slender finger tapped gently on the handle of the couch. His gaze fixed at a distance.

"Director Lyle, do you want to cut ties with the Chester corp?" Dean saw his director's expression.

"No, let's see what he would do." Devian nodded

After working with him for so long Dean knew his director very well. He spoke those words to distract his director from Arien's thoughts.

Little did he know that his director was immersed in his thoughts and didn't pay attention to what Dean just spoke.
Feelings? Gonna be interesting!
Hearing Devian's cold voice that can make chills run down ones spine, Dean just wanted to escape. He accepted Devian's orders and walked out a the fastest speed as if he was running for his life.

...

Next day early morning, it was not aunt Anne but Devian who walked into his room. As a domineering CEO he didn't knock at the door and rather walked inside. Seeing that Arien was not on the bed, he turned towards the washroom. Desperate, he knocked on the door.
"Are you there?"

He didn't know why he wanted to see her before going out. When he came to his senses he had already opened the door of the master bedroom.

After getting no answer for a long time. He gently pushed the bathroom door open but he saw nobody there.

He rushed out of the washroom so as to go and find this girl and punish her for escaping in dark. But before stepping out of the room he saw a familiar figure leaning on the railings of balcony.
He went close and saw that she was sleeping. Her breathing was even.

"Miss Jenner?"
No response.

Devian walked near and saw that she was asleep. "This girl!" he sighed helplessly.

After putting her back on the bed Devian could not help but reached out his hand to touch her forehead. It was burning. "Did she sleep out whole night? Why is she so careless!" Devian was very angry with this childish act of her. He wanted to wake her up and teach her a good lesson for being so careless.

The doctor came immediately after being informed by Dean. He would dare not be late to attend the Grand CEO of The Ace Corporation Inc.

After checking her and giving her a few medicines, the doctor left. Devian stared at her for a long time.

"The person behind the fire was her uncle, Robert. He's the adopted son of the family. After the incident there is no news about the family and Robert flew abroad calling it a vacation, leaving his company to his son." Dean reported.

"Hmm." Devian nodded
...