She likes him!

They ate quietly.

Devian looked at her. Arien felt a sharp gaze on her so she lifted her head up only to meet Devian's deep eyes.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing." He shook his head and started eating.

After they were done eating Devian thought of something and asked, "Why haven't you eaten yet?"

"I....was not hungry then." To her surprise, Arien also had no idea why she didn't eat.

"I'll leave now." He stood up.

"Why?... I mean I'll be bored here alone."

"Where's sister?" He asked.

"She went to meet an old friend of hers." She replied.

"Okay." He answered.

"Then shall we go somewhere...I mean, if you are free." Arien asked with a cute face.

She is asking him if he is free. How can he be free?

"Okay." He agreed immediately.

"I'll go, get ready." She happily ran to her room.

Looking at her cute and childish behavior, Devian could not help but smile.

She came back with the same speed as she left.

Devian looked at her. She wore a pretty dress and looked more adorable.

He reached out his hand to rub her head but, before he could touch her head, she grabbed his hand.

"Why do you always wants to make my hair a mess?" She pouted.

"Because... You are cute as a puppy." He joked.

Finally he told her that he thought her as a pet!

"I'll not talk to you!" Arien became angry.

"If you'll not talk to me then I'll go." Devian knew that she was bored so he knowingly said that. But he never thought that she would agree.

"Okay. You can leave, you would have a lot of work back in the company. You don't need to waste time on me. Go back and do your business." She said with smile in her face that was rather awful.

Devian saw the forced smile she gave but he could not find the reason behind the sudden change of emotions.

On the other hand Arien didn't know why she was sad. She suddenly didn't want to get close to him. What if after his parent's visit she would be emotionally attached to him. What if she would not be able to leave him when he would not want her anymore. What if...?

There were many if's in her mind. So she instinctively agreed to what he said just now.

She didn't even realize that his deep eyes became even colder and he clenched his fists tightly that his knuckles turned white.

Without asking further Devian left.

He didn't even turn back once to look at her.

"Why does she have to do this? She doesn't want me. What if she would leave after his parents were done visiting?" He thought.

He doesn't want to loose her. He wanted to keep her by his side, protect her, take care of her and spoil her like a child.

But all she thought was to leave him and go away. Why does she have to do that? She definitely didn't want him.

...

"Arien?" After calling many times Ashley already knew that this girl has started dreaming so she shouted her name loud.

Only then did Arien came back to her senses.

"Thanks Ash, for helping me out. I seriously didn't know what I would have done alone in that big house." Arien sincerely thanked her.

After Devian left, Arien's heart and mind were completely in a mess. She didn't know what she would have done without her friend.

She called Ashley in a very shot notice and asked her to meet.

Hearing Arien's sad voice Ashley agreed immediately and took the day off to meet Arien in her house.

"Silly girl, you don't have to thank me. Just tell me what is bothering you?" Ashley moved closer to her full of gossips and interest.

Arien has always been strong since her childhood, both physically and emotionally. She was taught well to keep control on herself and her emotions.

But now, the Arien in front of Ashley was different. Something was definitely affecting her.

"Nothing, I was just bored at home." Arien lied.

She didn't want Ashley to worry. But her behavior and her expressions were not the same.

"Everything's okay between you and Mr Lyle, right?" Ashley expression changed and her tone became concerned.

"Yes. I just ..." Arien paused for a moment, took a deep breath and continued "He asked me to act as his wife. I'll be leaving after his parents visit. I just don't want to attach with him so much that it would be a hard time for me leaving him."

"That's the reason you're sad? You don't want to leave him. You like him right?" Arien might not understand her feelings for Devian but Ashley knew it.

"No... I... Will leave him. He himself told that he would allow me after a month or two. How can I not leave?" Arien looked away to hide her mixed emotions form Ashley.

Is that really what he said?

"What you feel like to do I won't stop you, but for Mr Lyle, think about it. As for now he's your man." Ashley looked at her with a deep gaze.

If Arien wanted to leave him because he doesn't want her, that was different. But if she would leave him because of her own misunderstandings, that would be a problem and Ashley would never want that to happen.

"Ash, I don't know why but today my heart is not still at all. I don't know why I'm getting this eerie feeling." Arien held Ashley's hand and spoke.

"Don't think too much. Just talk to him once." Ashley poked Arien's head.

No matter what, Arien's heart was still restless. "Could it be because of Devian?" She thought. But why? Devian went back to Visight. What would happen to him.

She still wanted to go check on him.

"Then... Ash, I'll leave now." Arien got up and left.

Ashley was left back but she was not angry rather smiling. "It's not that you like him Arien. You actually love him." She murmured to herself. She was happy that finally her one and only best friend had fallen in love.

She sat back and looked at her departing figure as Arien walked out of Ashley's house. The smile in her face became wider.

"She's finally in love!" Ashley shouted after Arien left. She was really very happy for her.

...