A friend!

Her sudden action made Arien stunned. When she came back to her senses, the person in front was already in the verge of crying. Seeing that she was so emotional, Arien's intuition told her that she wasn't a bad person. She decided to believe her and tell her the truth that she had no memories of her past. Maybe she would help her get some clues about herself.

They went to nearby restaurant. The weather was good for a hotpot. They sat opposite to each other.

"Is it so. That means you don't remember anything? Not even your parents. Have you lost all your memory?" The girl spoke first.

"As I told you, I only have the memory of staying in Lyle mansion and nothing else." Arien replied.

"OK I'll help you. Firstly I'm Ashley Collen.
We have studied together in kindergarten and and in high school and we also came here for work together. We are not sisters by blood but more than that!"

Arien observed every slight change in Ashley's expression when she was reminiscing their past. She seemed genuine.

"Ohh...okay! Can you tell me more?"

"Ya ya sure but these are work hours. I'll get back home then I'll tell you everything." Ashley looked at her watch and started hurrying.

Before walking out she turned back and asked "Arien, where are you living, by the way?"

"In the Lyle mansion. I owe him something. I can only get out of that place if I pay him a million dollars in a week"

"A million dollars in a week!" Ashley's eyes almost popped out of her socket "What the heck are you talking! That's impossible."

"Uhh...Can you help me find a job?" Arien's eyes lit up with the thought of having a friend that would help her.

"Why not girl? Follow me"

Ashley lead the way back to The Blooms Company. "As you like designing, the job you left is waiting for you in the company."

"How do you know?" Arien exclaimed.

"Oh come on! What do you mean by that. I know you very well. I'll try my best to help you. And one more thing. You have to stay with me from now on." Ashley spoke confidently. "So miss head designer come let's meet manager Nicole first"

"Was I a head designer here?" Arien could not believe that.

"Of course yes. Do you think I'll lie to you?" Ashley spoke casually.

Knock knock! Ashley knocked on manager Nicole's room.

"Come in" after hearing that both Ashley followed by Arien entered the room.

Manager Nicole's eyes swept from Ashley to Arien and suddenly there was a hint of surprise in her eyes but it disappeared in a blink of an eye.

"She's back for her work." Ashley was the first one to speak.

"Arien!" Nicole exclaimed "You are back. Finally you are back. How much I missed you and your work. Your position of head designer is still waiting for you. Come let's discuss work."

"Oh...okay" Arien hesitated then walked to Nicole's table.

"Manager, Arien has no memories of her past. She has gone through memory loss." Ashley spoke to clear everything beforehand

"Is that so?"
"We'll a definitely help you". Nicole's eyes lit up as she heard Ashley's words.

Nicole discussed about their recent projects very professionally. After Nicole completed telling about work, Arien asked "How much will be the salary?"

Nicole smiled and said "It will be same as last year."

"Amount?"

"20,000 per month. As a head designer, what else do you want?"

"Manager Nicole can I get 5 month's advance salary?"

"Haha!" Nicole let out a subtle laugh
"OK OK you'll get it next week"

"But I need it in this week itself" Arien spoke.

"Okay then let's talk about it to Director Chaster." Nicole spoke and lead the way out.

They reached the 18th floor and walked towards the CEO office.

"Come in" Nicole and Arien walked inside the room.

"Arien, I thought you'll not come back after going away with that Lyle guy." The man in the office spoke.

"Harry? You? You're the CEO of The Blooms?

"Who else should it be?" Harry replied.

Nicole glanced at both of them
"Arien How do you know him? Do you have memories of him?" Nicole whispered near Arien's ears.

"You may leave." Harry ordered Nicole coldly.

"But..." Nicole didn't want to leave.

"Do you mean to disobey my orders?" Harry spoke to Nicole and turned towards Arien.

Nicole gritted her teeth and left the room.
After she went out Harry spoke to Arien
"So you are willing to work here again isn't it?"

"Yes, but I want to to get 5 months salary in advance." Arien spoke

"Is that all? You will get it right away." Harry spoke while taking out his cheque book and signing it. "Tell me the amount you want"

Arien hesitated and then told "A million dollar."

Harry let out a subtle smile and handed her the cheque.

Arien took the check and there was a bright smile on her face.

Harry was satisfied with this look of her.

"Thank you Director Chester." Arien spoke lightly and walked out of the room holding the check.

She was very happy that she would be joining the work from tomorrow. And the biggest happiness for her was that she could give that bastard a million dollar and leave that place.

She walked out of the office and went straight to the Visight Company. She took a deep breath and walked inside the big building, entered the lift and went to the 21st floor where there was the CEO office.

She knocked on the door. After she heard "come in" she pushed the door open.

Devian stood near the window looking outside. His eyes fixed at a distance.

"You're here?" Without turning his head he spoke in an indifferent tone.

Arien walked towards his table and placed the check while she spoke "How do you know I am here?"

Devian "....."

"Here, I've bought you the money. And now I am free to leave the Lyle mansion."
Without waiting for Devian's reply Arien walked out of the office.

Only after she left the room did Devian turned around to look at the check.

His eyes were burning with anger.

"You can't leave me that easily." he muttered in his heart.

...