Chapter 16: Nowhere To Run

{Elaine's POV}

"Why won't you just let us be. We don't need you!"  Lynn's voice echoed in my head.

I tried to turn but I was stuck. I winced before opening my eyes. I felt like I had been bludgeoned with a mallet. My surrounding was completely dark. I could see a single thing but I could feel my hands strapped behind the chair I sat in. Even in the ocean of darkness I seemed to trapped in, I tried to stand to my feet but they were stuck as well. I tried to remember what had happened but my mind was a blank as the room I was in.

"Where the fuck am I?" I asked no one in particular. I struggled to break free but it was futile. I gave up after my wrists became sore.

Where's Brie?

My eyes widened as the question hit my mind. Just then, I heard footsteps in the distance getting closer. I began shouting hysterically for help. Soon I heard someone fumbling with locks. I heard a door open and the footsteps got even closer. It was then I realized that the footsteps belonged to my captor.

"Hey!" I called out.

"Doctor Elaine Holt" a raspy male voice said. I chortled at the words he said before responding.

"Maybe if you turn on the lights, I could tell you who you are" I said.

"You've been very naughty" the man continued.

"What is this? Kindergarten?" I replied, irritated by his sense of humour. The man laughed heartily and headed for the exit. I noticed his fading footstep and called out to him.

"Where the hell are you going?" I asked.

"You'll find out soon enough" he replied and left. I sat there, cursing as fast as I could. Rage swelled inside me. I couldn't tell where I was or who had abducted me or why he had abducted. I couldn't even tell if Brie was okay. All I could do was sit in a cold dark room waiting for a psychopath.

I found myself drifting in and out of consciousness. My headache had reduced but my knee still ached. After what seemed to be more than two hours, the door creaked open again. This time I could hear several footsteps which meant they were more people in the room. I opened my mouth to speak but someone turned on a bulb. I winced at the light as it hit my eyeball. The only bulb in the room was dangling over my head with a cone around it, while the others in the room stood around me in the dark.

"Hello, Elaine" a male voice carrying a familiar Irish accent called out to me. The man who had called my name stood in front of me. Although I couldn't see his face, I could see his blue trousers and well polished black shoes. I smirked at the familiar shoes.

"Mr Banner" I blurted confidently.

"I'm glad you recognized me" he said, stepping into the light. His face was a bit different from what I used to know. He had an overgrown beard and he had dyed his hair blonde.

"You look different" I commented.

"So do you, but you could have looked better" he replied with a smirk. I chuckled at his comment.

"Now where's my machine?" He asked with a very stern look.

"You're still after that old piece of junk" I said.

"That piece of junk cost me a fortune, bitch" he retorted angrily. I bowed my head and the only thing I could think of was Brie.

"If you have me, then where's the girl?" I asked ignoring his initial question.

"You mean the girls? They were abandoned in the car crash" he quickly replied with a satisfied smile.

"Car crash?" I asked in doubt.

"Where's my machine?" He asked me again.

His nonchalant attitude towards the car crash infuriated me. "Fuck you, Banner!" I yelled.

He smiled again like he had been expecting the reply. He snapped his fingers and a bald, burly man came forward into the light.

"Get to work. Make sure she talks" Mr. Banner said to man while smirking at me. The man nodded and walked away. Banners stood there for a few minutes, smiling at me before he finally left.

I had no idea what was going to happen next but I was sure it didn't involve me walking out of that room. After a few minutes, the man returned with a small duffel bag and two angry looking men. He drew out a towel and some leather straps while one of the men began untying the rope that held my feet. The other man dragged a hard bench to the center of the room. The burly man turned to me with a sinister smirk on his fat face.

"Now let's get started"