Chapter 15: Prey & Predator

{Chelsea's POV}

I used to be a daughter to a drug boss then I got bored and became a waitress in a really shitty restaurant called Ronnie's Place and then I got bored again. Soon I found myself stuck with two alien hunters on a mission to save the world, or something like that. I know it sounds pretty stupid and cliche but it was the kind of adventure I needed at the time. Fortunately for me, the action was just as exciting I had imagined it.

Unlike most people, regaining consciousness on a hospital bed made me feel excited. Not just the normal kind of excitement but the 'Cannabis' kind of excitement. It made me feel high. It was just the type of excitement I got after a fight.

You're probably thinking that I am weird but what do you expect from a kid who was brought up by a drug boss?

Unfortunately at the time I met Elaine and Brie, a hospital bed was the last place I wanted to wake up in. When I finally regained consciousness, my eyesight was blurry and I was light-headed. There was a throbbing pain on my shoulder and a gash on my forehead. I moaned lazily as my sight cleared. The first thing I saw when I recovered my sight was a smiling middle aged nurse at my bedside.

"Oh shit! Am I in a hospital?" I blurted in shock. The surprised nurse frowned as she tried to push me back in a lying position.

"Yes but you have to lie back. You were involved in a bad accident" the nurse said.

"What about the others?" I asked as I slowly relaxed on the bed.

"Others? There was only one girl in the car with you. At least you both were the only people found at the scene" the nurse replied.

I grimaced. "What about the girl?". I asked as my mind struggled to process the information she gave.

"She's fine" the nurse replied again, trying to hide her irritation for my questions.

"Can I see the girl?" I asked again, ignoring the annoyed look on the nurse.

"You need to stop asking questions and rest" the nurse finally said before leaving the room. I waited until her footsteps faded then I crept out of bed. I looked into the hallway before heading out.

I began searching every room on the floor. When I had searched every ward on the floor, I hadn't found Brie. I needed to find her and get away from hospital. I could feel trouble on the way, the only thing was that it wasn't going to be alien problem. I searched the floor just below but I still couldn't find her. I rushed up to the floor above my room and luckily for me, I found her in the third room on the right. She was either unconscious or asleep but either way I was getting her out of this hospital.

"Brie! Brie!" I called out to her as I shook her lightly. She slowly her eyes with a tired moan.

"We need to get the hell outta here" I said, trying to get her attention.

"Where are the others?" Brie asked.

"They aren't here but we need to leave. Come on!" I persuaded her. When she climbed out of bed, I noticed that she had injured her left leg and was struggling to walk.

"Is it broken?" I asked, my eyes gazing at the injured foot.

"Nope. Let's go" Brie replied. I placed her arm over my shoulder and led her out of the room into an elevator. Just as the door began to close, I caught sight of three men. I quickly recognized the man in the middle who seemed to be the boss. I gasped when I realized who he was but before the elevator close he saw me. I noticed at he yelled at his goons while pointing at me. My heart began racing rapidly. The elevator closed and began moving downwards.

They were three hefty men chasing us and I was stuck with a girl limping with a messed up leg. I took deep breaths as I thought of a way we could escape the men on our tail. Brie, who hadn't noticed a thing, leaned against the wall as she stared at her injured leg. As the elevator descended, I tried thinking of a plan that would not end up with us being captured by drug traffickers.

The elevator dinged open and I led Brie through the hallway towards the exit. I tried to increase our pace but Brie kept on wincing. As we approached the exit, I saw two men standing outside, glaring at me. I couldn't carry a limping girl past them so I quickly rested Brie on a chair and headed towards the stern looking men at the exit.

"Miss Nina, you have—" one of the men began but before he could finish I punched him on the nose. He staggered backwards, clutching his stomach. His companion lurched forward and I quickly sidestepped him before slamming my knee in his groin. As he fell, a car key fell from his pocket. The other man also rushed at me but I kicked him in the face, knocking him out cold.

I pressed the button on the car key and a black Renault car responded with two beeps and flashing headlights. I rushed back into the hospital to get Brie. On my way, I knocked out the man I had kneed in the groin. I carried the limping Brie to the car as quick as I could. As I placed her in the front driver's seat, I heard a familiar voice bellowing my Mexican name, Nina.

"Hola, Javier" I replied to the man running towards me with his goons. I quickly rushed into the car and drove off before they could get to us. As the car sped through the asphalt, I looked through the rearview mirror to see the man holding out his middle finger at the car. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Who was that guy?" Brie asked.

"That was my dumb brother" I simply replied with a smirk. My father had finally found me. It was only a matter of time before he caught up to me but I wasn't going to get either Brie or Elaine involved.