Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Shera and the Princesses of Power or its amazing characters, that honor goes to Noelle Stevenson. The amazing art on the cover is owned by the wonderful ikimaru on Tumblr and if you like it, you should totally check out more works by them!

"Catra, Shadow Weaver told us," Adora explained as Catra's face turned to stone and sat there thinking keeping the same stillness and building up the tension when Catra finally replied.

"How exactly did she tell you?" Catra asked still dazed.

"Catra, Shadow Weaver is in Brightmoon." Adora said cautiously when Catra started laughing maniacally.

This was the breaking point where everything shattered. The smirk on her face turned into the face you would think of with the Princess horror stories in the woods they told in the Horde. Catra was fighting between sanity and an absolute rage. She wanted to simply say that they would go back but something else suddenly erupted in her.

**Flashback**

"Catra you insolent child, why can't you be more like Adora?" Shadow Weaver asked while grasping a child Catra in her grasp. 

"I'm sorry!" Catra tried to squeal for help but the shadows surrounded her blocking out the cries for help and the desperation to break free.

"Do you really think Adora will be there to help her pet every time?" Shadow Weaver scowled at Catra while lifting her farther up entrapped in the red grasping electricity of the black garnet. Catra growled back and unsheathed her claws desperately trying to break free. 

"Pathetic, you're like those princess fools!" Shadow Weaver called out down right insulting Catra as she tossed her around the room. Catra landed with a thud as she attempted to get up but her body wouldn't listen. 

"I bet those petty princesses you talk about would definitely be way better than you!" Catra specifically had remembered this dialogue for years to come because it was the first time she had seen Shadow Weaver full on rage. The black tendrils surrounded the room with red eerie magic seeping out from Shadow Weaver's hair. The crispy black hair on Shadow Weaver's head started getting red tips growing up and blended into the dark forest. 

"Silence!" Shadow Weaver picked up Catra's helpless fragile child's body with her looming black tendrils and threw her to the wall, "Get up!" Shadow Weaver screamed.

Catra had gotten up with so much suffering and eventually when she had come to the bunks and Adora had asked how she was she had to give the signature lie that had been ruling her life.

"I'm fine..."

**End of Flashback**

"She shaped me this way and she gets to be the good guy!" Catra mumbled under her breath multiple times when Adora suddenly piped in worried, "Catra, what are you talking about?"

Catra then laughed harder and faster as her smile turned crooked and she said "Hey Adora," in a voice that showed a new side. She had thrown away the Adora she had known instead replacing her usually smirking tone with a new vile cold tone while she hissed and pinned Adora against the wall she was already tied to. 

"Don't you get it Adora," she started giggling and cackling in a fowl way not like the Catra Adora had once known. Not the same squealing teasing friend she had once known, "I will never win! Shadow Weaver chose you over me no matter what I won't get what I wanted!" Catra screamed as she broke down. Tears started slipping down her cheeks but Catra refused to let them slide. She sliced the tears off in a clean way somehow managing to calm herself down for that one act.

"And what do you want Catra?" Adora asked obliviously. She hadn't known about he struggles. The worst thing she had known was the image back in the tower. That was the worst Shadow Weaver had done to Catra based on Adora's knowledge. She didn't know about the constant need for acknowledgement and attention Catra had wanted, the constant struggle Catra had gone through to try to prove people wrong only for Adora to outshine her with the fun bubbly personality everyone liked.

"You know what Adora just leave!" Catra shakily screamed as she sliced the chains off of Adora.

"But- why would you-" Adora started only to be interrupted by Catra.

"What, wanted to one up me again or show me how your petty friends will come and rescue you? Well screw it!" Catra yelled as Adora flinched and backed up.

"Catra that's never what I wanted to-" Adora started but got cut off again by Catra.

"LEAVE!" Catra said with her conflicted emotions screaming out at her to just stop and the other half wanting to cause destruction.

Adora started running wherever her legs could take her, she ran and ran thinking about Catra and having to wipe her tears while running. By the time she was done her hands were soggy with tears and her face had dried tears all over it.

"Catra what's going on here?" Scorpia asked as she noticed the clawed chains on the ground.

"We're staying here!" Catra said harshly as she said, "I'm more than just a pest to toss aside!"

"Catra I never said that to you!" Scorpia exclaimed.

"Shut up! Not you, everyone else!" Catra exclaimed with anger and sadness choking her every word making it harder for things to come out. 

"Okay! So what are we gonna do here I mean we could just play a board game or something with   cards." Scorpia went on and on listing possible activities and games until Catra finally said something with so much annoyance in her tone.

"Whatever we want Scorpia," Catra had that signature annoyance in her tone but also had a warm feeling when she said that like for once she was content even after all that had happened.

Note: I know I said I would do this after the other fanfic of mine is done but I really felt like writing a chapter of this. I'll also change my cover once I can switch devices to edit it.