Storm Worries

JJ x Chase
Btw, human Sam.

"Dad home yet?" Sam asked inocently.
'No not yet' I signed. Sam looked back at the TV. We were watching the weather channel. There was a huge storm and the traffic was stand still. Not to great in a big thunderstorm. Rain pounded against the window. It would have been relaxing if it weren't for the fact that Chase wasn't responding to his phone. I didn't know where he was or if he needed help or-.

"Daddy?" Sam interupted my train of thought. I looked at him to show him I'm listening.
"I'm gonna make waffles." Sam said. I raised an eyebrow and smirked at his confidence.
'I'll make waffles' I signed to the kid. Sam got up and ran to the kitchen as I followed behind.

We stood at the kitchen island. Well, I stood Sam sat on the counter. We toasted waffles and Sam broke out the whipped cream.
'No you won't sleep'  I signed as he was about to coat his waffles.
"Yes I will." He retaliated. I held my hand out for him to give it to me. He reluctanly handed it over.
'Open' I signed to him. His eyes suddenly lit up as he opened his mouth. I held the can upsided down and sprayed it into his mouth. I silently laughed at his expression.

We heard the front door open. We both sat in silence as we waited for them to enter the kitchen. I was a little disapointed to see Sean and not Chase but also glad he made it home safe.
"Hey buddy. Why r' you up this late." Sean said standing next to Sam.
'Chase still isn't home yet.' I signed to him.
"Oh, well Sam can you do a job for me? I need you to go watch the TV and tell us when they say something new about the weather okay?" Sean asked him. Sam knodded and went off to the living room.

'How bad is it out there' I asked.
"It's calming down. Has Chase texted you?" He asked.
'No' I responded.
"Oh, I bet his phone died. I'm sure he's alright." Sean reasured me.
"I'm gonna go hang with Sam before I go to bed. Try to calm down a little." Sean said walking off. I grabbed the whipped cream and sprayed some into my mouth.

Sean convinced Sam to go to bed around 11:00. He offered to stay up till Chase came home but I told him to go to bed. I looked at the clock.
1:05 AM
I silently sighed, what if he doesn't come home tonight? My mind started to race but it was broken by the sound of an opening door.
"Shit." I heard a voice say. I almost ran to see who it was.

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓈𝑒!

A text box covered my vision for a couple seconds. Causing me to stumble and fall with a thud. Once I could see clearly again Chase's hand was held out to help me up. I grabbed it and once we were both standing I pulled him into a tight hug.
'What happened' i signed. I think he could tell how worried I was.
"Hey hey, it's okay. My phone died and traffic was super slow. Sorry I worried you guys so much." He responded holding onto my shoulders comfortingly. I let out a silent breath.
"Okay, I'm gonna get changed and we can lay down and watch the weather I guess." Chase said. I nodded in agreement.

We layed watching the weather channel for a while. My head was on Chase's chest as I listened to the quiet beat of his heart. I felt him started to play with my hair. My eyelids started to get heavy and I felt everything start to get quieter. I last heard
"I'm sorry---up- I love you."