Heart-shaped Locket

3 years later

————————————————————————————————————————
Russia bursted through the door.

"Y/n, we're leaving!" He said angrily.

Russia grabbed Y/n's wrist, dragging her out of the house. Britain ran outside to catch after them.

"Moscow! What do you think you're doing!?" Britain shrieked.

"I am just taking my daughter away so that she won't be anywhere near a psychopath." Russia's eyes narrowed.

"You're the psychopath here!"

Russia rolled his eyes and started dragging a shocked Y/n to where his car was parked. They both got in the car and Russia started driving. His eyes being focused on the road while speaking to Y/n.

"You called granny a psycho. Why'd you do that?" Y/n started.

"Your 'granny' is a bad person, Y/n. She's cruel and she's a murderer." Russia replied.

"That's not who granny is. She spoils me with gifts and her cooking skills are a perfect 10! She buys me everything I need. Unlike you, you're a cheapskate." Y/n sneered.

"Well, she isn't who she is and fuck you for calling me a cheapskate."

"That's not how you talk to your daughter." Y/n's eyes narrowed. "And you're lying, papa."

"Your father knows best." Y/n gaped at him.

"I don't know what to believe anymore." Y/n said. "On dad's side of the family, they keep telling me that I'd end up nowhere when I stay with your side of the family. And dad tells me that 'you're going through a phase'. Auntie Ukraine tells me that dad's stupid. Aunt Bela didn't say anything bad about dad's family." Y/n snorted. "Seriously, papa? It had been 3 years and you still have to kidnap me in order to spend time with me? You're still not over it, are you?" Y/n giggled maliciously. "I thought you were busy fucking uncle Germs, if I could even call him that..." Y/n trailed off at the last part.

"What has that capitalist pig taught you?! And what did we say about curse words?" Russia said seriously.

"I don't even live under your roof anymore." Y/n chuckled. "Dad basically lets me curse whenever I want."

"Your 'dad' really knows how to discipline you." Russia said sarcastically.

"Says the person who punched his fiancé when he didn't cook dinner properly." Y/n replied. Her eyes shimmering with malice.

I guess kids don't stay innocent forever.

He took a different route from his father's town.

————————————————————————————————————————

"YOU LOST HER?!" America screamed and punched the wall. His family winced. "You could've called the cops earlier!"

"Calm down, son—"

"Calm down? Calm down?! How am I supposed to calm down when that bastard kidnapped my daughter!"

"I called the cops, sweetie. They arrived 30 minutes late." Britain said calmly.

America sighed and slumped his back against the wall. He started sobbing.

"You guys were right. I should've broke up with him and moved far away. I thought that if we stayed together for Y/n, I thought she'd feel happy with a perfect family." He sniffled. "Instead, she grew up in a toxic environment because of me. I dated the wrong guy. For many years, I thought I was in love."

Tears rolled down his cheeks. He buried his face in his hands. America then felt his entire family hug him.

"Son, I'm sorry for being neglectful and getting carried away with punishments. I'm not only apologising to you, this is my apology to everyone, including France." Britain kissed America's forehead. "I didn't want you to go through what I went through. I wanted to provide you with the best."

"Mom...we love you. We're sorry too for being bad children..." America said with a smile.

"You guys were never bad children. I was a bad mother."

————————————————————————————————————————

Russia pulled over on a house in the middle of nowhere. They both got out of the car and were greeted by a smiling USSR. USSR squatted down and spread his arms.

"Grandpa Sovie!" Y/n ran ahead and hugged him.

"Hey there, kid." USSR let go of the hug and chuckled. "You've grown so fast, kid." USSR patted her head.

Y/n looked around the property. "So this is where you live now?"

"Нет, я только что пришел навестить твоего отца." USSR looked at his son. "Come inside, I cooked some pelmeni." He smiled.

Y/n grinned and ran inside, following the smell of freshly cooked food. USSR and Russia followed behind her. They all sat down and started eating peacefully. Y/n was eating quickly, she hasn't eaten any Russian food since she lived with America.

"So, did you take your schizophrenia medication?" USSR asked Russia.

Russia choked on his glass of water. "Y-Yes, you- don't- have- to—"

USSR smiled. "Good, or else we'll have to send you to the mental hospital."

Russia pushed his plate forward. "I'm full." He then got up from his seat and went to his room.

"Papa's a schizo?" Y/n asked with her mouth full.

"Yes, I thought Ukraine texted you." USSR grimaced.

"She didn't send me anything. Since when did he become a schizo?" Y/n swallowed her food.

USSR shrugged. "He never told me. When we received news that he was in a mental hospital, that's when we knew. Who knows, he might've had it for a long time."

"Also, gramps?" USSR hummed in response. Y/n handed him a heart shaped locket. USSR wasn't sure if this was for him, so he didn't do anything. "What?" Y/n giggled. "It's for you."

USSR opened the locket. Inside was a picture of Y/n on USSR's back, his other hand on Russia's shoulder. Ukraine's hands were on her hips, she was smirking. Belarus was grinning, waving at the camera. Everyone was overall happy in the photo, a photo from 2-3 years ago. He smiled and put the locket around his neck. Y/n sat there, grinning ear-to-ear.

"Don't just sit there." He pushed the bowl of pelmeni close to her. "Eat."

Y/n rolled her eyes playfully and continued eating.