twenty

so

the whole one direction thing ... happened

i guess

anyway

✩︎

HANA

Not long after the dinner they served us, - a measly English breakfast in a silver tray, which Harry was less than impressed at, clearly being used to much more variety - he falls asleep. His neck is bent at an awkward angle that can't possibly be comfortable, and I know if he stays there, he'll wake up with pain in his back, so I carefully reposition his head back against his seat, his mouth wide open with light snores.

Tired out from the reasonably busy day, I took a small nap too, abruptly waking up an hour later to see Harry still out cold, now leaning against my shoulder and his hand open beneath mine on the armrest. I place one finger on his soft palm, his fingers curling around it like a baby would, and grasping it tightly even when I shift my hand slightly.

I turn in my seat a little to be able to look him better, ensuring his head could remain on my shoulder, and notice that Doris was flicking through a magazine, looking rather bored.

"Hi," I whisper, trying not to wake or startle Harry.

"Hi, so, I can obviously tell you guys are together," she smiles, small wrinkles forming around her bright eyes.

"Yeah, sorry," I chuckle lightly, glancing down at Harry, admiring the smooth slope of his nose and long eyelashes tapping the tops of his rosy cheeks.

"How long have you been together?" she inquires, clearly very excited to hear about our relationship for some reason.

"Almost a year," I answer, absentmindedly reaching one hand around his head and playing with the soft curls by his ear, his light snores breaking for a moment before returning even quieter.

"Do you guys live together?"

"We live together but it's kind of complicated, I guess," I hesitate with my response, her eyebrows raising in question. "We met at a summer camp that he lives at because his, uh, his dad owns it, and I went back as a counsellor so we're living in his cabin right now, but we're planning on buying an apartment when we go to college," I elaborate; she nods understandingly, continuing to chat about general life and current events until Harry breathes in sharply, pushing his face into my neck until the tip of his nose teased my jawline.

"Cherry," he murmurs quietly, his eyes remaining squeezed together tightly and he shifts his hand to hold mine properly.

"Hey, baby, are you okay?" I speak softly, glad Doris had become preoccupied with her magazine once again as I slip one hand to the back of his head and lace my fingers through his fluffy hair.

"So tired," he mutters, resting his head on the edge of my shoulder and allowing his eyes to open, adjusting to the darkness as they had switched the lights to a dull blue half an hour to allow most people to sleep peacefully. His eyes constantly droop as he can barely keep them open, but he traces my jawline with one gentle fingertip. "You're so pretty," he whispers, my hand moving softly in his curls as he moves to my cheekbone, drawing along the line. "M'so tired, Cherrypop," he mumbles, his eyes finally drifting shut again, "I love you."

Any attempt I make to respond is futile; he's asleep within seconds, curled up on his seat and resting his weight against me, giving me the opportunity to admire how truly attractive he is. I say and think this a lot, but it's utterly true; he's so pretty.