thirty three

HANA

"Harry, we should get out," I laugh softly, feeling him smile against my neck as he continues to kiss along it gently.

"But I'm warm."

"We can be warm in bed, the water's cold now," I shrug to gently push him away, and he groans dramatically, throwing his arms over the sides of the bathtub and his head back. "Don't be a baby, come on," I poke his stomach, standing to my feet carefully and gripping his hand as I step out; I've fallen once whilst trying to get out of the bath, and he'd teased me about it for a month before he finally got the hint and stopped. To be fair, it was kind of his fault - the orgasm I'd just had barely a minute before had been very intense and my legs are still a little weak and shaky.

Plus he's purposely tripped me, afterwards claiming he 'didn't think I'd fall like that'. Nevertheless, I've always been much more careful since that unfortunate incident, and I thankfully manage to make it onto the carpet-like fabric of the bathmat alive and without injury.

"See, this is how you know I'm sad - you're naked right in front of me and I'm not even hard," he chuckles, stretching his shoulders back as he climbs out after me, wrapping a towel around my shoulders and kissing my forehead.

"You can't be that sad if you can't stop staring at my tits," I tease, flicking his forehead as I turn away and dry my skin gently with the towel, thankful it was so soft and comfortable.

"I can't help it, can I?"

"Sure," I laugh, lightly kicking him away when he reaches out for my waist, and replace the towel with shorts and one of Harry's larger t-shirt's. "Do you feel a bit better now?" I ask, brushing my knotty hair out as he pulls on a pair of shorts. Leaving his chest bare, he takes the hairbrush from my hands and gently takes over, brushing very softly and carefully when he reaches a knot. My eyes flutter closed at the relaxation, and I smile when he sneakily presses a ticklish kiss to my neck, holding the tips of my fingers as he spins me and grips my waist tightly.

"I do. I think I needed a good cry and a sleep to feel better, but I guess I'm... still overwhelmed, still... struggling? I don't know," he frowns and shakes his head in confusion, sitting on the edge of the bed and resting his head in his hands almost disappointedly.

"Hey, it's okay, you don't have to know how you're feeling, I'm just happy you told me," I assure him immediately, lightly placing my hand on his upper arm comfortingly, just so he knows I'm here.

"I'm trying, Han, I know I'm not the best for you, but I'm really—" his voice highers and cracks, and he exhales shakily, "I'm really trying, I promise I am."

"You are the best, Harry, and I know you're trying, because you're doing fantastically. I know you don't feel like you are right now, but you are amazing, to me and in general."

He breathes out a humourless chuckle, "sometimes I wish I was the cocky sixteen-year-old I was again, I just didn't... I didn't feel like this," he bites the inside of his lip nervously, "well, I did feel like this, I just didn't... let myself feel it. I covered it from everyone with weed and getting drunk and sex. It was so good then but it was probably the worst year of my life," he elaborates, and I stay silent, letting him simply vent to me until he's finished.

"Tell me something, anything - a random story from that time, or any time," I request, budging back to sit against the headboard, and he clambers after me, resting between my legs comfortably, his head on my stomach and fingers playing with his soft curls almost out of instinct.