thirty one

HANA

"Harry," I snap, storming into the room only to see Harry with a rather smug expression upon his face as he lays across the bed and reads a random book nonchalantly, the glasses that he hardly ever wears perched atop his nose.

"That's me," he replies passively, barely even bothering to glance up at me.

"Why'd you tell your mom we're vegetarian? I mean, what was the reason? You did that for what?"

He sighs tiredly, setting down his book and removing his glasses, folding them with a pensive look on his face, "I'm considering becoming vegetarian."

"First, why?" I scrunch my nose in distaste, "second, the fuck does that have to do with me?"

He clears his throat, folding his hands over his chest, "I was hoping you'd do it with me."

"Why would I ever..."

"Being vegetarian brings many benefits for your health—"

"No meat? Doesn't sound healthy."

"—and I wanted to lose some weight."

"Harry, what weight?"

"Keep the muscle, lose the weight."

"All your weight comes from your muscle, what are you on about?"

"Just shush, so, will you be vegetarian with me or not?"

"No!" I reject the idea instantly, the mere thought of being a vegetarian one that causes me to cringe, "I can't give up bacon."

"Have you seen the videos of innocent baby pigs being murdered—"

"Harry, I'm sorry, baby, but I'm never in a million years becoming vegetarian, it's just not happening."

"Whatever, whore," he rolls his eyes, scratching at an itch on his eyebrow and glancing to me blankly.

"You're annoying."

"Hm, fuck you."

"Yeah? Fuck you, too."

"Come here and kiss me, Cherry."

"Fine," I reply seethingly, stepping forward as he sits up and grasps each side of my face, kissing me roughly and slipping his tongue between my parted lips. "I hate you," I whisper against his ear as he pulls me further down and kisses along my neck.

"Shut up," he chuckles, pressing his tongue flat to my skin and licking a wide stripe of my jawline, sucking and biting lightly to create marks along my skin, "you're hot, and I'm currently reconsidering my no sex rule."

"It's been like three hours, that's just sad."

"Shush and kiss me," he whispers, eyes locked on my lips and fluttering shut when he leans forward and press his lips to mine gently, "I love you, Cherrypop."

"I love you, might love you slightly less if you turn vegetarian."

"For what?" his smile falls, mine growing into a playful mocking as I ate away from him and make my way back towards the door, sprinting down the hallway with loud laughs whilst he chases after me, "hey, Cherry, wait up!"

✩︎

"Did you both enjoy the wedding?" Robin questions as Harry cuts into his stupid meat-free meal (I still don't understand why he would even consider being vegetarian), his teeth taking his bottom lip between them.

Harry clears his throat nervously, "yeah, it was beautiful, and I'm really happy for you guys. Big congratulations, if I haven't said it enough already," he smiles, though it appears slightly awkward and forced.