The Death Cure (Maze Runner)

~I may make an actual series of Maze Runner Fanfics but as of now this is just a short that will happen later in the series.~

Clara's P.O.V.

"I have news Newt and I don't know if you're going to like it or-" stopping abruptly I notice he's looking at me like he's never going to see me again. "Newt, you okay?" He snaps out of it allowing a soft smile to form on his face.

"Yeah, I'm Fine." Something tells me not to believe him; something is definitely wrong with him. Catching his arm quickly I pull up his sleeve and my heart shatters while he screams at me, "Clara no-"

"What! You weren't even going to tell me!" Newt looks down quilty. "Clara-"

"How long, Newt?" I demand now feeling unnerved for when it comes time for me to tell him my news. An empty pit fills my stomach.

"Since the protest, when we went downtown..." I turn around feeling my eyes welled up with tears. How am I going to tell him? How can I even tell him? I'm going to be all alone...

"It's going to be okay. We'll spend as much time as we can together and-"

"No. It's not going to be okay Newt. In more ways that you know right now." I whisper under my breath slowly breathing in preparing to tell him the news.

After all, we've been through, before the maze, the Maze Trials, the Scorch, this is where we're supposed to part? There has to be a way right? I can't lose him! He's all I've ever had! Even before I had my memories taken away.

"Does this have to deal with your news?" He asks with his voice cracking...

"Yeah," I whisper turning around picking up his hands and running my thumb across his palm, "you see...I'm pregnant Newt." Silence breaks and I close my eyes collapsing to the floor with Newt standing there with a look of happiness but increasingly becoming sadness and horror.

"What do I do?" I whisper looking up meeting his teary eyes. "I don't think I can do it without you. Especially, in this world with the Flare. The Flare's taken everything from me and now it's going to take you too. What about our child, Newt?" I whisper as tears pour from both of our eyes.

"We can try getting that serum from Theresa." He says calmly dropping down to me so he can hold me. "That bitch betrayed us Newt. Most of our people are dead because of her. How can we even trust her?"

"We have to, for our child Clara. We need to try something instead of laying here in our tears. Throughout the Maze Trials and the Scorch, one thing I've learned is to never give up. I love you Clara and I always will. Whether I'm here or not; I'll always be in your heart."

"I love you too," I whisper back barely audiable.