It's All A Dream

Since day one, she's been waiting for one single day. She's envisioned this day so many times throughout her life to the point where the thought without it makes her heartache. Everyone tells her to stop complaining about it, but they don't understand.

They got that day she's been waiting for. They can only try to sympathize but they will never understand how she feels about potentially losing this day. This day is supposed to be the shifting point from her childhood into adulthood. Without it, there is no proper goodbye to her childhood and many other things that have occurred throughout her life so far.

"Dear Class of 2020,

You entered the world during 9/11. You will graduate during a pandemic. No doubt you'll be shaped by these events. Shaped into better people. More compassionate. More empathetic. More aware of others and pain and healing. We're proud of you.

All the moms and dads"

Here's the quote I chose for my senior quote and now it means more than it did when I chose it, "Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory"~Dr. Seuss.

Because of the circumstances with the Coronavirus-19 Pandemic, she's lost a lot of days she's been waiting for and dreaming about. Her senior prom, last senior memories, her goodbyes, Graduation, Graduation parties, Family celebrations, College Orientation, her first year of college at the college, and most importantly her 18th birthday.

I guess these moments for her will only ever exist in her dreams.

#Classof2020