Volume 2 {Chapter 6: Extracurricular}

Why do we fight?

Fight, what a strange word. In the most common sense, it would mean, to battle or engage combat against someone or something. While others would mean strategy or stalling the enemy.

People who have fought all their lives have learned one thing, that fighting doesn't make you stronger. It makes you skilled. It makes you feared. It makes you worshipped. It makes you invincible.

There's an old saying about fighting; Die a hero's death, or live long enough to become a villain.

What a fitting phrase in the world of Remnant.

Wouldn't you agree so, reader?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was an exhibition match today for Beacon today, meaning various teams would be competing others for practice or gaining knowledge of the opponent. Cause you will never know if these guys will be your enemy at the Vytal Festival.

However, it seems as though today's match is a special one. Normally it would be a 4vs4 in a tournament-style duel. But it seems one felt confident in their abilities and skills in combat.

Especially if one taunts aggressively to their teammates.

Pyrrha Nikos, the Invincible Girl of Mistral. Her abilities in combat are superior that of a typical Huntress and were highly praised in the Mistralian Tournament for having 4 wins in a row. Right now, she's putting on her combat gear in the locker rooms as the awaited fight is about to commence.

Before, she was fine with all the taunting and motions of Team CRDL about Jaune and such. But it seems as though lady luck played a part in this.

Cardin wanted a match with Pyrrha and his team behind him. Normally, Glynda would prevent such cases as though to reduce the pain from the individual. But Pyrrha accepted the challenge and is now preparing herself for a fearsome fight.

The following will now be seen, through YouTube. Because I can't exactly describe each and every time she attacks, blocks, or parry.

It's not that I suck, but I'm lazy as well.

Glynda approached Pyrrha whilst holding a tablet, likely to view the fight from another perspective. "And that's the match."

"Lucky shot..." Cardin weakly groaned, practically aching all over his body before collapsing from the pain.

Goodwitch merely ignored the cries of a defeated warrior and moved on. "Well done, Ms. Nikos. You seem to be better than your last duel. Keep it up for the tournament."

"Thank you, professor."

Glynda proceeded to type on her tablet as Cardin was taken by a stretcher. "Alright, now I know that was a tough act to follow, but we have spare time for one more match. Any volunteers? Perhaps Ms. Belladonna?"

Blake immediately shut her book as soon as she heard her last name being called out. She then stared at Goodwitch with her eyes widened in shock.

"You've been rather docile in class a few times. Why don't you-" She was immediately interrupted by someone else raising their hand.

"I'll do it." Mercury was the one to raise his hand, covering Blake.

Glynda wasn't all that phased from the sudden challenger so she continued. "Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent."