Volume 2 {Chapter 9: Search and Destroy}

Following what transpired last chapter:

"Why, hello everyone! Who's ready to fight for their lives?" Prof. Oobleck was wearing a thick brown jacket and a safari hat.

Aigis looked at their shocked expression as to why they are like that. Y/N just sighed and patted her assuredly.

Surely nothing can go wrong, right?

"Professor Oobleck?" Weiss asked incredulously, seriously hoping that he wasn't the one to shadow their mission.

"Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, girls, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission." Oobleck started pacing in front of the group, ever still hyperactive and talking a bit fast. "I can assure you we will not be establishing a single base of operations..."

After this point, it was just rambling on and on. Y/N didn't pay that much attention to it and merely waited for him to finish.

...

...

... Any moment now.

"And..." There we go. "It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the Ph.D. for fun, thank you very much!"

Weiss looked at Blake, who was equally disturbed. "Uh..."

"Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind!" He then sped off towards the Bullhead.

Before coming back again. "Schedule!"

Ruby then tried to be positive again to her situation. "Well, alright then! Looks like we're saving the world with Dr. Oobleck-"

"It sounds depressing when you say it out loud." Y/N bluntly put in words, seeing the dreaded atmosphere they're giving.

"Save the world?!"

RWBY, Y/N, and Aigis turned around to see JNPR approaching them.

Nora was the one who shouted at them then started being dramatic about it. "You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt. Sad. Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren."

He only responded with his arms crossed and turned away.

Jaune was a bit enthusiastic about it though. "Sounds exciting. Where ya going?"

Ruby responded with a shrug. "Oh, just outside the Kingdom."

"Hey! So are we!" Nora gave a surprised tone.

Pyrrha gave more details as to where they are heading to. "Ren and Nora wanted to shadow a sheriff of a nearby village."

"We set out tomorrow." Ren gave them the time date so that they can know better.

"Then you can party with us!"

The group all turned heads to see Neptune and Sun also approaching them. "We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."

Jaune seemed awestruck at their choice of work if the little stars seemed to indicate something else.

Sun gave their reason, which was a bit understandable. "We normally go to the cities with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk. So, we thought this was a better way to check out the Kingdom when it's you know... normal."

"Well-" Ruby tried to give a reason, only for-

"Four minutes, everyone!"

HEY, I'M TALKING HERE!