Volume 3 {Chapter 5: Calm Before The Storm}

It was late in the afternoon as Y/N stared at the autumn sky turning dark. So many things were floating around his head and couldn't decide where to go from here. The first day of the festival has ended, tomorrow will be the doubles tournament and the day after is the duels.

Ozpin told him that his match will begin on the third day of the festival as a sort of exhibition match between his opponent, as a way to prepare the crowd on what will happen in the duels.

Maybe that's his way of promoting his position as Headmaster or the Councils bidding. Either way, he's more than prepared for the fight ahead.

"What to do next..." Y/N murmured softly as to not raise suspicion and sighed softly.

The moment he said Cinder's name, they immediately asked him for details. After confirming it with Ozpin and Ironwood, they would come up with a plan to stop her without garnering the attention of the public and Salem. They would also have to deal with her subordinates but that will come as they go after Cinder.

He really wanted to heal Amber when he was there but the warnings all gave him a grave mistake should he proceed. The deed is done after Cinder took her power, maybe if he was faster in leveling up then he can save her before Cinder can take her powers in the first place.

But what's done is done. Right now, he needed to figure out what to do for Cinder. His suggestion of doing nothing is still valid as they don't know when she'll strike so for now, they are being prepared.

Ironwood said he'll take care of the backdoor virus back at his flagship.

Glynda will keep a close eye on Cinder and her teammates.

Qrow is spending time with Ruby and Yang while also keeping an ear out for any suspicious activities.

And Ozpin is left with nothing but guard Amber in the vault.

Y/N also came up with a contingency plan in case Cinder manages to deal a fatal blow on his end.

He gave each of them a {Bead} and Ozpin, a {Soma}, should the worst come. If ever he perishes but still killed her, then they will give her the item to live on. It wasn't a surprise that Ozpin wanted for Y/N to live and proposes to take her instead of him, but it was just in case.

He promises to not die when dealing with Cinder.

With the back-up plan set, now on what to do now.

Should he continue training? He's already {Level 100} so no need for that.

Watch the fights? It got a bit boring when he watches them so, maybe.

"What to do, what to do, what to do?"

"Oh, Mr. L/N?"

He drifted his eyes to whom said his name and saw a familiar streak of white hair tied up in a bun.

"Ms. Schnee?"

"What are you doing out in the open?"

"Well... doing nothing I suppose."

"I see..." She dies off in the end as Y/N felt that she wanted to say something.

"Something on your mind?"

"If it is not too much to bother, may I ask a favor?"

Y/N must not be getting enough sleep since he was confused about why she said something like that.

"You... want something from me?"

"Yes. If you will follow me."

Winter turned 180 and started walking briskly. Y/N couldn't get another word in and decided to follow her anyway. "W-Wait! Hold on a moment."