Volume 2 {Chapter 10: Mountain Glenn}

"What... is this place?"

A few minutes after dealing with the White Fang grunts and looking around, Ruby was honestly confused as to where they are.

A desolated city that seems to mirror the one above, yet why was this kept form the world? Was it because of Grimm? A unanimous decision? Did someone suggest it? These questions circled around her head as she tried to find an answer to it.

"I don't know Ruby. Guess we'll just have to ask Oobleck about this place."

"Yeah..."

Deathly silence formed around them as Y/N sighed and looked at the hole above him.

After falling down into this abandoned underground city, and dealing with some enemies, they opted to call their group about where they are and awaited for them. Seeing that Ruby doesn't have her weapon yet, the just stayed at the spot where they fell and waited for them.

The awkward atmosphere was killing Y/N's spirit, feeling as though there wasn't anything to kill the time. 'Why am I this bad at talking? I hate my lack of self-esteem.'

"Hey, Y/N?" Ruby finally killed the mood as she looked at him. "How are you so... strong?"

Y/N looked back while trying to come up with the correct answer. He could just say that he trained very hard but that would just make her press him for more answers. And he didn't want to give up his {Gamer} powers yet as though feeling it wouldn't be the right time to say it.

Racking his brain, Y/N will have to act cautiously. "Why do you ask?"

She averted her eyes to the still frozen WF and stared at her hands. "What would you do... if you lost your weapon?"

"Well..." Y/N had his arms crossed and his eyes closed. "I would use my body as a weapon."

"Your body?"

"Yeah. Kinda how Yang uses her fist and Ren using martial arts to fight Grimm, they're using their bodies as weapons. I also use my body for attacks or defending myself, as well as twisting and turning it to suit my style. Like how you twist your body when you use your weapon."

"I see..." Ruby stared back at her hands and trembled a bit.

Y/N saw her trembling hands as he moved a bit closer to her. He stayed by her side and grabbed her hands, making her stop trembling and look at him.

"Ruby... Are you saying you want to try hand-to-hand fighting?"

"Ugh. Hearing it out loud makes me wanna quit already... But I want to do it. I want to protect my friends when I don't have my baby near me."

Judging from her demeanor, Y/N was right about it. "Why can't you ask Yang about it? I mean, she's pretty much a pro in that style."

"You don't think I did? You know Yang, stubborn to the end."

"Right... Why not Ren?" A glare later as Y/N held his hands up a bit. "OK... Fine. I'll train you after this whole ordeal, OK?"

"OK. Promise."

*UPDATE*

[Quest: Training Montage: Ruby Rose!]
In order to get strong, Ruby Rose asked you to train her.

[Objective:]
Train Ruby Rose to {Desciple}

[Time: N/A]

[Reward: Improve relationship status with Ruby Rose+]

He nodded as they still awaited for the others to come here.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________