Volume 3 {Chapter 7: Phase 1}

Within the dark halls of machines and chatting guards, Roman tapped his foot anxiously as the tournament goes on. It has been weeks since his failed breach on Vale and was tossed into this cramped and cold cell in the Atlassian flagship, though when he busts out, he can brag to everybody that knew him that Roman Torchwick was locked up in the ship Ironwood commanded.

If everyone he knew weren't all dead within the next few hours.

He could care less if they all died, less scum in the world for all he knew. Sure, he was also scum, but a scum with priorities. Roman doesn't like the bloodshed he did, he left that to his crew and times where he had to were out of annoyance.

If ever he had to kill one more just because his men didn't,  may as well do it all by himself again. It may be harder, but a lot less slow than those statues they call hench-men.

While he grieved about the thought, he heard the sounds of boots tapping at the iron floor of the ship. Roman would have easily thought it was a lone guard passing by, but years of thievery and eluding the authorities allowed him to have a sense of sorts to figure out who this person is.

Before he could get a thought in, the person was actually the general himself. Not only that, but he's brought some of his men as well. Most criminals would immediately count their sins but Roman wasn't those wussies, he stared death countless times and this wasn't the first time he had a face to face with James Ironwood and his men of idiots.

Ironwood stopped before the cell Roman was in and the men all gathered around it. Feeling prideful, he wondered if the general will talk to him.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Atlas' top dog. How goes the sight? I hear it's lovely seeing all of them from below. Make's you wanna... rile them up, don't you think?

"..."

Roman crossed his brows as the general didn't react to his words. "What's the matter, Jimmy? Afraid I'll cuss you out of your men?"

"..."

Nothing again. Roman thought he was playing dumb with him since mostly everyone should have reacted somehow. When he looked at the soldiers, he saw that they didn't budge from the spots. Almost like machines.

And Ironwood, sure the man has shown to not sway by anything in his career as general. But even then he has to make some marks.

Roman was now suspicious of the man before him as he narrowed his eyes. "... Your not the general, are you?"

"..." Now, he did something.

The general motioned his hands as Roman heard more footsteps coming closer. Not only that, but it also sounded like they were dragging something.

Could it be money? He can already guess what is happening, so it must be.

Or a collection of all the bad deeds he did? A clean slate would be nice.

Or... perhaps the best one of them all...

A state-of-the-art Golden Atlassian Wrist Watch. Now that was something even he would kill for.

Roman amicably waited as the soldiers were now within his sight. But instead of a sack of loot for him, but rather...

"A person?.." Roman wordlessly muttered as he looked at the general's cold face. It was a small person, covered up by a dirty carp around the figure. The soldiers carried the person's arms and held it tightly. Roman could assume that the figure was a small woman, likely someone he had some connections to.