𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦

Minho's POV:

Here we go again, another sleepless night. I tossed and turned in endless cycles, but insomnia got the best of me. The room was extremely quiet, Y/N's soft steady breathing could be heard from above my bed.

Sighing, I stood up and went to the kitchen, trying to make minimal noise. Opening the fridge, I poured myself a glass of milk then went to the balcony outside my room. Being amidst the peacefulness of the silent city felt sensual, along with the breeze brushing upon my cheeks.

A sudden flashback played through my head. Back in high school, a lesson my teacher had once taught us stood out to me,

"There is no point hating someone, you'll get nothing out of it. But what is the root cause of hate? Envy, or perhaps the other person may remind you of something you dislike about yourself. This will help you realize that it's not the person you hate, it's an attribute they have that you desire. Hate is a strong word to use, I like to refrain from using that word because it has become so meaningless to me, a word with such a negative connotation...."

I turn to Y/N who was still soundly asleep...it was then that I realize I do not in fact hate her. But why exactly do I act this way towards her?

Was it an attribute that she had? Was I envious of her dancing ability? I've never actually seen her dance so I don't see why I'd be envious. I guess my query will never be answered.

"...Minho?" Her voice startled me, causing me to swish around in her direction again.

Her sleepy figure sat upright on her bed, yawning before she asked, "What're you doing up? It's 3 am and you have a big day tomorrow."

"What're you on about? This is part of my night routine." I lie, jeez, can't I say something sweet to her for once. My body prevents me from doing so...no, it's my pride which prevents me from doing so.

"You should head to bed, get some rest before you regret it later." She suggests.

"Speak for yourself, I'll head to bed whenever I please. You need to be fresh for tomorrow." I remark while coming in, closing the balcony door behind me.

"Suit yourself. Goodnight then." She lays back down and faces away from me, towards the wall.

___

NEXT MORNING:

Y/N's POV:

"Wait guys- stop stop, it still looks messy-" I shook my head, turning the stereo down.

"You don't think?!" Minho butted up after chucking his drink bottle onto the couch and wiping some sweat off his forehead with a small white towel. "You keep interjecting before we even finish the choreo."

"That's cause I'm trying to get you guys looking sharp and solid, Minho."

"No, what you're doing is trying to change us."

"Minho, enough-" Chan placed his hand on Minho's shoulder, attempting to calm him down.

"She's changing Stray Kids' dance style too much, I'm not in favour of that and more importantly, I find it hard to tolerate her." Minho rolled his eyes, shrugging away from Chan.

"Well hate to break it to you, but JYP hired me as your new temporary choreographer so you'll be stuck with me." I fake smile,

"Alright from the top again, no interjections." I continued, playing the music once more.

My eyes followed as the boys moved in sync with the music, to my surprise, they were actually exceptional for a rookie group.

Once the last song, MIROH, ended, the boys held their ending pose and looked to me for approval. To which I nodded as a response, "That was probably the best practice run-through I've ever seen."

"Yeah cause you didn't interject for once in your life." Minho was the first to break the ending pose, ruffling his sweaty black oversized shirt then manspreading on the couch.

Ignoring Minho, I turn to Chan, "So what's next on the schedule? You guys going to the arena now? Or back to the dorms?"

"Since the KBS Festival starts at 4pm we've got some time to kill so let's head back to the dorm." While the members headed for the van, Chan stayed back to help me pack away some remaining equipment.

"Oh you don't have to, I got this-" I assure Chan but he grabbed the mini speakers off me and placed them into the cupboard.

"Nah it's alright, I wanted to." Just before Chan left, he turned to me, "By the way, don't mind Minho, he's just...not his usual self. He's a great guy once you get to know him." He reassured.

Do I even want to get to know him? I don't know.

Also, what does he mean by 'not his usual self'.

Shrugging that off, I grabbed my car keys and drove to a nearby cafe. Seeing that I wasn't a member of Stray Kids, I didn't have to return to the dorm just yet, so I decided to utilise this free few hours for myself.

A/N:

Yes yes I am not deaddd as you can see.

But here's an update for lovely people <3 Apologies for the radio silence during the past couple of months, I've been pretty occupied with life and all oof. With the pandemic and all that, life's bit wonky atm ughh.

But how have you guys been? I hope you're all keeping well during this time period! Stay safe yeah? Love you guys💕