𝘛𝘦𝘯

I remember Jungkook telling me about this new cafe which opened in Seoul recently, just a few blocks down from the Big Hit entertainment building so I decided to check it out.

Hold on, could that be?
Sure looks like the same black haired model I know.
Maejin.

The cafe was unusually empty today, it had quite the serene ambience to it. Probably because it's a working day and people are occupied with their daily lives, no time for a chit chat at the cafe.

"Oh stop, you're so funny-" She chuckled, then rested her hand on top of the guy's hand. That doesn't seem right.

Stay out of her business Y/N, you're just here to satisfy yourself with some 'me' time. After ordering an iced matcha latte, I waited beside the counter.

Sneaking occasional glances to Maejin and the mysterious guy who wore a bright orange cap.

"Order #222 Iced Matcha Latte!!" The barista called out, making eye contact with me.

"Thanks." I flashed a smile at the barista, slowly making my way to a table close to Maejin. Maybe I could eavesdrop, hopefully she won't see me.

Ugh screw me and my nosy ass. Do this for Minho, I mean maybe if I save him from his cheating girlfriend, he'll be nice to me?
Was she even cheating??
Oh Y/N what are you doing?

Uh oh, why is the guy getting up from his seat??
No, stay right there in your chair!

"I'll be right back." I heard him say to Maejin.

My eyes grew wide as I realise he was heading in my direction, quick, turn around!

"Excuse me." He nodded politely and brushed past me. I flashed an awkward grin, and just my luck, Maejin's eyes ended up landing on me.

There goes my plan to eavesdrop.

"Oh Y/N!!" She waved, gesturing for me to approach her.

"Maejin, hey!" I force a smile. I don't know, call me mean or whatever but there was always something off about her. Or maybe I'm just...envious??
No what?! Shut up.

"How've you been? How's Minho? Is he here too?" She scanned the room, then back to me.

"Just came by myself, gotta have some occasional alone time you know?"

"Mhm debatable. Isn't this cafe just amazing!" She squealed then clinged onto my arm. Amazing for a date, yeah.

"Sure is, wouldn't mind coming back here again. Maybe with a boyfriend if I'm lucky." I joke.

"Ha, good luck with that. That would be quite the scene." She giggled, "Though, this does seem like the ideal place for a date."

Oh yeah? Then why aren't you here with Minho but instead, some other guy.

"So who are you here with? Yourself or?" Yes, I saw the guy but I'm going to pretend I was oblivious.

"Just someone- ooh, that French toast looks to die for, I might just order that next time." Her eyes grew wide as the sight of the person's French toast on the table next to where we stood.

Just someone? Why isn't she properly answering the question?

"Anyway, I'm going to buy myself another drink. The heat's really getting the best of me haha, I'll see you soon!" She waved then strutted off toward the counter.

Her behaviour seems a tad odd might I add.
Y/N stop sticking your nose into other people's business! Let Maejin be, for goodness sake.

I smiled at her before leaving, shrugging these feelings away. Minho can deal with her himself anyway.

———

AT THE KBS Festival:

Outfit:
(Or you could decide/imagine your ideal outfit )

They told me to dress formally so I did as I was told, even though I wasn't performing

They told me to dress formally so I did as I was told, even though I wasn't performing. I guess it was mandatory I maintain a proper image for the company.

"Where were you Y/N? You're late!" The manager of Stray Kids, Jinseong huffed, gesturing for me to hurry.

"Ahh sorry, the traffic is horrendous!" I rush inside the boys' backstage dress room.

"At least she's fashionably late, looking good might I add." Hyunjin complimented, then gestured for me to sit beside him.

"Not so bad yourself Mr Hwang."

"Care for a chip?" Hyunjin passed me a pack of opened chips but I shook my head, "I'm alright thanks."

"More for me then." He chuckled to himself, then chucked a few in his mouth.

"Where's Minho?" I ask, noticing that the room was missing a member.

"On the phone with Maejin of course, it sounded quite serious, he left the room a few minutes into the call. He didn't sound pleased so I think it's best we distance ourselves from him for now."

As soon as Hyunjin finished explaining, the door opened and in stormed Minho, no trace of elatedness. Something seemed off.

I didn't utter a word but glanced at him who was now getting his hair done by one of the hair stylists. Chan approached him for a bit then patted his back when they're convo ended.

"What's going on?" Changbin jerked his chin to Minho, Chan shook his head as a response, implying that he wanted to avoid the question.

"Just leave it for now." He assured his team, "We've got a performance to do."

——

I managed to creep into the stage side entrances and peek at the boys' performance from there instead of going to my designated seat, it was too far to get a proper view of them.

Minho looked bothered the whole way through, what's going on inside his head?