Part 1 | Chapter 3

When we arrived I had barely any idea where we are in the first place

When we arrived I had barely any idea where we are in the first place. Besides Liam driving like a mad man, the streets around this area of Cali are more private which results in fewer lights and fewer establishments. These are strictly reserved for the wealthy and yes, even the frat boys.

"Alright ladies, are you all ready?" Liam said as we finally halted. We're just in the car and I can already feel the loud bass on my feet.

"Make sure you all work those titties out, guys here are about to get. It." Liam joked only this time (like every time) he wasn't funny.

Dani slaps his arm but he only takes it as playfulness and I rolled my eyes in the backseat. This guy will one day get it from me-not the way he said- I mean a beating. If only Dani wasn't so forgiving then this man would've been out cold for a long time by now.

The disrespectfulness is just off the rails.

"Alright, Evie, you ready?" She turns to me with an excited grin on her lips and I nodded reluctantly before following her out.

As usual, the California air ruffles my clothes. Instead of me not worrying about it flying halfway through my body, I now have to subtly keep it down. I'm sure this slight breeze is about to get a whole lot colder later in the night and I mentally slap myself for stupidly not bringing a coat or maybe even just a cardigan.

I heel behind Danica as she leads us through the loud and crowded yard of the house. All I can see for what seemed like forever were college kids dancing around in their raunchy clothes drinking in red plastic cups. I'd cringe to the heavens every time I saw two people kissing on the corner- I'm not even inside yet.

Now I see why I never got into these things.

"Having fun yet?" Liam shouted towards me while he walked with his back to the entrance and I frown at him. I'm not even gonna bother.

"Leave her alone Liam," I hear Danica defend while we got closer and the music got louder. It's booking through the doors and walls that I can practically see them vibrating.

I feel unsafe and unstable like this and rightfully so. Every step just feels like a step on a cliffside.

Once inside the house, I felt absolutely whiplashed by the change of scenes.

People here were more like animals than the ones outside. People playing beer games or girls dancing on top of the counters. The flashing neon lights and terrible music didn't help either. There is no sense of stability anywhere and the smell of weed is protruding from every person we passed by.

I am slowly starting to regret this.

"Here!" A random girl shouts over the music and I look to her a hand where she held out a red cup. I waved my hand in deflection and she rolls her eyes before walking away.