Part 1 | Chapter 8

Afterr about 45 minutes of extreme resistance to the glances and the processing period of finding out who my partner is, the class finally finished

I hurriedly packed my things so I can attempt to rush out that place before I get questioned.

"Slow down tigress, " Cade laughs but this time I didn't.

"Yeah, I am not staying here, " I remarked.

"Who said you will be?"

"Hey, did you just realize who my partner is or what?" I snapped and he raised both his hands in surrender.

"Yeah, yeah but, you gotta chill for a second, " he said and I chew on my lip, slinging my bag as I walk down to the doors. Cade closely follows behind and my heart pounded while a prayer ran in my head that I don't get seen.

"I know Matteo isn't probably the best choice but, I'm sure you'll make it work somehow."

"Somehow? Dude, I fear him." I admitted.

We stopped by just outside the auditorium and he looks at me with a smug gaze. I crossed my arms at his reaction as I tried to cover up my reddening face.

I wasn't lying to him. I am terrified of that Italian guy with his explosive temper and unfiltered mouth. He's not the kind of guy you'd spend for a perfect afternoon tea.

"You're scared of him?" He asked like he hadn't heard anything and I scoff.

"Is that wrong?" I said feeling disappointed that he wasn't sympathizing with me.

"What? No!" He deflected. "I can totally understand why he might not be the best guy and why you'd be scared of him. Doesn't mean you let that get to you right?" He pats my shoulder in a comforting manner and I sighed.

As I try to silence the growing chatter of the corridor my heart started racing. My mind went into complete overdrive about all the way this could all go wrong. My head starts to ache just thinking about it.

There are many factors that will make this as hard as it already is:

One, I don't know the guy, I know nothing about him except for his horrible attitude. Two, we didn't exactly have a great meeting and three, he looks like he wants to kill me.

Considering that this is a year-long project that requires fieldwork and many other repertoires of evidence, I can't even imagine a day with him.

"Hey, " I hear Cade snap me out of my thoughts, his brown eyes on my level, "you'll be fine." He chuckled and I do the same- nervously.

I opened my mouth to say something but quickly changed when I find him walking away from me and in the other direction. "Wait, where are you going?" I asked in confusion as he walked away, shrugging his shoulders.

"Gotta meet up with the gang tigress, I'll see you around, " he called out before disappearing into the crowd, leaving me all alone.

Now as I return to my situation, I was suddenly deafened by the loud college crowds as they completely block my way.