Part 1 | Chapter 5

I hear a car pull up beside me but I continue walking

"Hey, "

"Leave!" I growled in utter frustration. This guy really can't just stay away. For the love of everything that's gracious, I need him to go.

"Get in, missy, "

"In your wildest dreams mister, " I hit back in my vigorous attempt to outrun the car but clearly that's impossible. No one could possibly outrun a huge four-seater eh?

"Just get in the fucking car! You're gonna get fucking lost around here, " he yelled with huskiness through the confines of his car and I could tell he was getting frustrated too.

I laugh at his insanity and shook my head while I trembled. I can feel the cold air from his car and it doesn't make the cold breeze any warmer.

"So suddenly you care about me after calling me...whatever you did?"

I don't think I have ever been this troubled and angry in one night.

First a very persuasive friend, a house full of weed, a guy who invites me but barely acknowledged me and then now this deranged Italian who could either do something really bad to me or I'd be the killer. All in one night. This is why I stay at the dorm for most of my time.

"No, I don't really give two fucks, " he clears up, "But I'm not about to be called in as a witness or a person of interest if you get yourself into some type of shit."

The arrogance is- I can't possibly absorb all that. I clench my jaw and stopped in my tracks right next to an alley and I turn to him.

"So your reputation is that precious huh?"

"Obviously, " he shrugged and I watched as his frown turned more vicious under his dim car light.

"You know what- screw you!" I point at him and he shakes his head.

"Get in the car. You don't even know where you're going."

"Yeah I do," I defended. Well, I really don't because I've never been here and cabs don't really travel this far at night but I can figure it out.

"So you knew that the only pedestrian way is through that?" He leans into the passenger seat to point behind me.

I turn around and was faced with a dark alley. No lights, people, or even cats. It's literally out of a horror film. The thought of walking through that sends shivers down my spine and I felt like crying. I sighed.

"Yeah, so unless you want to have a short life you can get in my car." He repeats and I feel the metal door open behind me.

"I'm sure you're just messing with me," I said and looked further down the hill. "There's clearly another road over there." I pointed and he leans back, hitting his steering wheel like a mad man and I took it as a sign to leave.