Part 1 | Chapter 12

"Ow, ow, ow!"

"Ow, ow, ow!"

"This is for practically pushing me down into a death trap, "

"Not my fault you and that ass got up on the wrong foot. Now can you please let go of my ear and stop dragging me across the field!" He yells in pain and I stop, turning around with a scowl on my face.

As sweet as Cade is, what he did is still unforgivable. He knew I'm already not in good terms with Matteo and yet instead of helping, he got me in more trouble. It's just right for him to get dragged a couple of feet by his ear. He must have forgotten I slapped a guy.

"That was not cool, " I hissed as I watched him wince in pain, holding his reddening ear.

"And you think twisting my ear is?" He frowned.

"You deserved it."

"And you're the one to say you're not a tigress, " he hits back and I roll my eyes.

"So, I'm guessing it didn't go well huh?"

"What did you expect?"

"I don't know, " he shrugged, "maybe I thought he'd get some good in him you know?"

"Does that even happen?" I said, beginning to walk towards the parking lot, too tired to even deal with anything else.

I hear him laughing from behind me, "Pfft, absolutely not." He said, "that guy is as heartless as a peanut. He won't care for anyone, "

"So why in the world would you force me to him?" I said impatiently as I reached my silver Fiat.

"Because you were teasing me about a girl."

"Rightfully so. You should just have the guts to tell her you don't like her so you won't have to suffer." I slam my door close on his face feeling rather irritated by his act.

He leans into the window looking me in the eyes with a serious gaze.

"Hey, if you've done this before then you'd know how hard it is to talk about feelings." He explained, "things like that are easier said than done; because the next thing you know you've already made a mistake, " he raised his brows as if to say take his word for it and I stare at him.

As much as I'd hate to say it, I get what he says. Sometimes mistakes are easier done than the right things.

"That's enough philosophy for a day, " he sighs, taking out a notebook, writing on it before ripping it off.

"Need anything, " he hands me the paper, "call me." And with that, he walks the other way leaving me in silence in my own car.

Usually, the warm breeze from the outside would calm me down and remind me of tranquil but this time it doesn't. My nerves are just starting to settle down and my mind still has the thought of what happened in rehearsal. It doesn't look good for me and from personal experience, things like these are followed by certain events; like dominos being tipped-one by one.