Authors Note/TW

Hello..,, and welcome to Roots...

IM SO EXCITED!!!!

So a few things before we all jump into the first chapter!

First, this entire story will be somewhat the same vibes as cherry so very soft, very sweet, and kinda therapeutic in some ways.

With that being said, yes you've guessed correctly.. there won't be as much smut in this story as my other stories, because this story is based more on their relationship, and the emotions behind it, but with that being said I promise it will be interesting and comedic without a doubt.

TW AND DISCLAIMER!!!

There is heavy mention of rape/ assault in this fanfiction as well as trauma. I have included these themes not to glorify or romanticize them because I find that to be incredibly wrong. I added them to hopefully shed light on things that truly do happy in normal peoples every day lives, and the things they go through and how they face these things.

I have no intent of making this type of trauma or these themes "desirable" because they are anything but. Please read at your own risk, and be safe with your own mind and what you can handle! This is in fact an incredibly soft fanfiction but it can be very emotional and possibly triggering and that's the last thing I want for any one of you.

Also!!! This story though is not based around music is still heavily influenced by music. Each chapter will have a song attached to it, and some songs will have a specific time to play it throughout the chapter and yes it's very important to listen to the chapter songs!!

I'm very very excited for this story, and I know it may be somewhat confusing as to what it's about but please enjoy the trailer because I spent a long time making it, and get super excited to dive into Roots, a story about Sterling King and Harry Styles!

Also!! The song Compass by Zella Day was the complete inspiration for this fanfiction, literally just hearing the first line is what gave me all of the inspo so enjoy!!!!

Here is a SC of the fanfic trailer if you haven't seen it already, Wattpad won't let me put a link so you can look it up this way! First chapter will be posted tomorrow August 28th at 3:00 PM EST.

Thank you guys!! I'm very excited for this story