Awkward moments.

Amanda.

He was eating his second burger while she sat licking at her ice cream.

"New Year soon,"  She said.

"Hmmm." He opened his mouth to reply but the burger seemed more appealing to him, so he took a bite of it.

"Jung! come on, I have to go to the book store," Amanda whined.

"Wait." He held up a finger and took another bite of his burger.

"If you'll be going off to college next year what'll happen to us?" She asked.

He chewed and swallowed, then looked at her.

"We'll be together, no matter what. You'll be okay with it right?" He wanted to know.

"Yeah, of course. I'll be okay and I'll join you after a year too If I get in."

"Of course you'll get in, babe."

"I hope, now come on I have to get this book."

They stood up and made their way towards the elevator. Amy reached for Jung's arm when suddenly someone bumped into her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" She recognized that voice, But the word sorry seemed so unfamiliar on the voice.

"Ansel?" 

"Oh Amanda," He looked over a Jung "Hi." He nodded.

"Hi, You must be Ansel," Jung held out his hand which he shook.

"Well, I was here with Seth but he had to leave so..., "

"Join us," Jung offered. Ansel smiled.

"Sure, Thanks." 

Amy rolled her eyes, reached for Jung's arm once again, and started walking ahead of Ansel. 

They reached the bookstore and Amanda moved towards the romance section.

Ansel followed close behind so did Jung.

"Amy, you would like this book, won't you?" Ansel held up a copy of Jane Eyre.

"Already read it." 

"What about this?" Jung held up a copy of The longest ride.

Amy blushed and poked him playfully on the shoulder. Jung smiled and looked down. The moment looked so private that Ansel had to turn away.

"Amy, you like fiction right?" He turned and asked. She looked at him and nodded.

"How did you know?" She asked.

"I know you." He replied looking directly at Jung.

What the hell is he trying to do?

She thought.

"We've been neighbors since like forever, How would I not know you?" He was still looking at Jung who was looking back at him.

"You didn't even know me until this month," Amanda raised an eyebrow.

"I knew you and you know that. I got your name right the first time, didn't I? We have classes together...," Before he could say anything else Amanda cut him off. 

"Yeah, okay. I got the book let's go." Amanda took Jung's arm and walked with him to the cash counter.

Ansel smiled at her.

Evil.

A few minutes later Jung asked her if they should leave, So they said their goodbyes to Ansel and left the mall.

"Are you okay?" She asked once they were on their way to her place.

"Yep." 

"Hey, Don't mind Ansel. He's an asshole,"

"No, it's not that." 

"So what is it?"

"I'm driving, Amy. Let's talk later." 

"Okay, if you say so." 

I'm so going to kill Ansel.

Jung.

Why is he looking at me like this?

He wondered as he looked back at Ansel.

Amanda looked uncomfortable, maybe that was because she wanted to spend this time alone with him. He regretted his decision of inviting Ansel.

This was not the time for bonding. Or anything.

He should spend this time with Amanda. But there was one thing he had to do.

Does he know?

 He wondered again while watching Ansel, who was typing something on his phone.

No, he can't. How would he know?

But he'll surely find out soon.

Yes, the sooner the truth is out, the better it is.