Unexpected things.

Jung.

"Will you marry me?" He asked, looking into her eyes.

Her eyes filled with tears.

"Are you really asking me that or am I d-dreaming?" 

"I'm really asking you that, Will you marry me?" He asked again.

"Yes, thousand times yes!" He placed the ring on the third finger of her left hand and leaned in for a kiss.

"You really do love me, Don't you?" She asked.

"Of course I do, I thought about this all a great deal and I am really satisfied with my decision."

"I can't wait to start my life with you!"

"Neither can I."

Amanda.

"Jung proposed to Hannah yesterday." He announced the news while they sat together in the living room watching a show. It had been a month since they started living together and it was going awesome.

  She cleared her throat and looked at him.

"Oh, that's awesome news!" She managed to say despite all the memories rushing back to her.

"Amanda Wealth, Will you marry me?" 

Ansel was saying something about the wedding which was going to be soon he was damn sure.

"Why don't you understand Amanda, I just can't wait. I know something that I shouldn't know," 

He was getting up to get some more popcorn.

"Amanda, I love you so much that it hurts. So, I'm letting you go. It wouldn't be love if I forced you to stay,"

She could hear Ansel singing to the top of his voice in the kitchen.

"I will always love you, I can never hate you. But it's time that we let go of each other,"

"Amanda?" She could hear him.

"Amy?" He touched her arm and she jolted out of memory lane.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Are you crying?" He asked.

"What? No." She touched her face, a single tear had found its way from her eye to her cheek.

"You are and I can guess the reason." He removed his hand from her arm and stood up.

"Ansel?" 

"What? Aren't you crying because your beloved ex-boyfriend proposed to his girlfriend?" 

"It's not that, I'm happy for him. I just...,"

"You just what, Amanda?"

"It's nothing like that Ansel! You've never had a broken heart so you won't understand." She stood up and turned to leave. He caught hold of her arm and pulled her towards him.

"Ow- Ansel!" 

"I never had a broken heart? You mean to tell me that you never broke my heart?" He demanded.

"And you didn't? You shattered my heart and Jung healed it, So yes I'm allowed to cry when I'm reminded of our breakup."

"What was so special about it? People break up all the time!" He raised his voice. He was getting angry.

"How can you be so insensitive? Look at this all through my eyes, You'll see this is all your fault! You broke my heart and then I got my heart broken once more because of you by your brother!"

"Because of me? You mean you never loved me?" 

"Ansel, this is not what I meant and you know that! If I didn't love you I would have told Jung so, but never once did I tell him that I don't love you,"

"The problem is that I can't keep you away from him."

"He's your brother, How can we keep away from each other?" 

"I don't know, I thought you were happy with me. But I guess not."

"When did you become such an asshole?" 

"Oh let me think since I saw you crying for your ex-boyfriend."

"You know what? It was a really good idea to buy a house in the same city as our parents."

"What?"

"I'm leaving Ansel Luck. Don't, you dare follow me." She wrenched her arm from his grip, turned, and left the living room.

Ansel.

He stood there, trying to figure out what the hell happened.

A few moments later he saw her climbing down the stairs, holding a suitcase. She didn't even look at him as he stepped out of the living room.

She walked past him, opened the door, and just as he opened his mouth to stop her the door closed with a loud bang.

He stood there still trying to figure out his next move.

He had fucked up.

Why didn't she understand him?