~Chapter 3~

~~~Mikey's P.O.V~~~

Today's the day. First day of senior year. Yay.

~~~Grace's P.O.V~~~

Today's the day! First day of junior year! Yay!

~~~Mikey's P.O.V~~~

I haven't seen that girl Grace since we met two weeks ago. Every free day I had, I went to that park and skated. But I never saw her after that. Oh well, she was cool.

I get dressed for school, skinny khakis, vans, and one of my favorite tee shirts. I throw on a beanie too, just because my hair isn't behaving. I grab my backpack and some waffles before I pull out of the driveway. Today is gonna suck.

~~~Grace's P.O.V~~~

Haven't seen that cute guy Mikey in a long time. I meant to go back to that park but I've been busy with Mom, Liam and Harry.

For school, I decide on ripped skinny jeans, a Marvel tee, and some combat boots. I put on some cuffs and some studs. I also put in small hoops in my piercings at the top of my ears. I arrange my hair, throw it in a beanie and glance at myself in the mirror. Today is gonna rock.

A few minutes later we arrive at the local high school. It's not anything special, but mom tells me their football team is amazing. I can't wait for the games. I throw my bag over my shoulder and head inside, avoiding the chaos that is the teenage population.

I spot the main office quickly, and walk inside to get my schedule. Besides me, there's only two other people here. Some guy who must be a Student Assistant or something. Super nerdy and filing paperwork. Ew. There's also a girl with a bunch of textbooks, asking about how to drop her extra curriculars. So studious, I think to myself.

I yawn and hand my various forms to the lady at the front desk. She reads them, glances at my name, and pulls out a schedule. I hear the door open behind me and spot a guy. Wait.

"Mikey?" I ask. He glances up from his phone, obviously surprised. Maybe even happy? "Grace? Hey! What's up?" I shrug and wave my schedule. "Got my schedule." Mikey pulls out some forms and the lady hands us late passes. "Get to class you two, don't want to be late on the first day."

We walk down the now empty hall. I read over my schedule, than grab his to compare. He's apparently a senior (nice!), but we have two classes together, Math and Drama. He points to the Math classroom number, "Room 147. C'mon, we better get there before the teacher flips," he says. I nod and we follow signs to find it.

We talk along the way.

"So how have you been?" He asks. I smile and reply,"Peachy. New school, new drama. Yay. But also, I get a fresh start. I don't have to carry around drama from Georgia. I can just, be me." Mikey nods the entire time, I guess he's in the same boat. Pretty sure he used to live in Jersey.

We arrive, and when he opens the door for me, I smile and walk in. The teacher turns and I see she's a pretty, brunette lady, mid 30's by my guess.

She smiles and says,"You must be our new students. I'm Mrs. Holland." I smile and introduce myself. Mikey does the same. We hand her our late forms and find the last two open desks, one right behind the other near the middle of the class. Mikey takes the back, and I happily take the front. I couldn't focus with him in front of me anyway.

The guy next to me is wearing a varsity jacket and leans over to whisper,"Hey Honey, I'm Ben. What's a sweet thing like you doing with a guy like him?" As he gestures to Mikey. Mikey blushes, and I whisper back, "Honey, see the thing is, you're an ass, and I prefer guys who have brains. So sorry, you haven't got a chance." Ben glares and looks back forward while his buddies laugh.

Mikey catches me after class. "You didn't have to do that Grace, seriously, I don't care about those meatheads." I laugh along with him. "I like to make a good first impression. I'll see you at lunch okay? Here, take my number. Text me where to meet you" I tell him. I hand him a green sticky note. He smiles and nods, "See you then."

~~~Mikey's P.O.V~~~

Grace is hilarious, but kinda scary when she's surrounded by idiots, I'm glad I'm on her side. She gave me her number, so I can text her about lunch.

When she walked away, I couldn't help it. I was practically grinning from ear to ear. I told myself to calm down. She's just one girl. I need to act normal in my classes so nobody thinks I'm weird on my first day.

A few painful hours later, it's finally time for lunch. I grab a sub and wait for her. As I do, she texts me to meet her in the library. I saw it earlier, so I head in that direction.

I'm walking with my headphones in and I don't realize that someone is walking up to me. No one other than Queen Bee herself. I actually recently learned her name is Amy, but Queen Bee is better.

I notice she has tape on her nose. No way! Grace broke her nose? Awesome!

She snaps at me, even more nasally than usual due to the nose. "Well look who it is. Mikey Murphy. Where's your bodyguard now? Hiding?" She and her other friends laugh. I keep walking when I hear someone behind Queen Bee. "By the way, I prefer the term, Partner in Crime."

And there she is. She looks tough, ready for a fight. She looks directly at Amy, "Scram. Or I'll break something else." Amy looks offended and motions her girls to follow her towards the courtyards. We laugh when they leave. and she grabs my hand. I jump, but she pulls me into the library.

"Look!" She says. I look out the window that she's motioning to, and there is the best view I have ever seen. The lake looks perfect. She looks per-. Woah, did I just think that? Woah Mikey. Get a grip.

She asks me what I think. I manage to utter the word "beautiful" as she sits in one of the huge chairs behind us. I sit across from her and she stretches her legs on the table.

We talk and eat and just hang out for the next hour. Despite the slightly scary side, she's really sarcastic and funny. Pretty cute too. Jeez dude, she's known you for a day. Chill.

I check the time, almost time for last block, Drama. We head to the classroom together, smiling and laughing. I'm surprised how well we get along for two people who just met.

The class goes by quickly and soon the dismissal bell rings. We head out the side door together. "You want a ride?" I offer. Grace shakes her head. "My mom is picking me up, maybe some other time?" I nod and head to my car, waving as she leaves my sight.

I sit, just thinking. I text Luke for advice about Grace. And his advice is the advice I will never forget. "If she makes you happy, why are you questioning it?"

__________________________

A/N: Eeeeeeeeeeeee s'cute. Anyway, if you have made it this far, please leave some feedback or suggestions! Thanks :) I know this chapter focused mainly on Mikey, but don't worry, we'll get back to Grace! Peace xo