Chapter 36

Dear Laura,

You'll be pleased to learn that a package is well on its way to your house. I decided to add a couple more things to the mix, just so you wouldn't just get a boring painting.

Thank you for trusting me with your address. I promise not to stalk you if I'm ever in California. :)

Oh! And I ended up opening an account with that check. I spent about half of it on rent. Now Dinah won't have to worry about getting that second job. She talked things over with her manager and she was downgraded into a part-timer. For some reason she loves it there, big freak that she is. Still, I'm happy that she'll get a chance to pursue her acting dreams now that she doesn't have to worry about making rent for a while.

And I guess that means I won't have to get that summer job after all. Hey, I can spend the whole time painting! Too bad the money won't last forever. It sure beats making coffee for a living.

I went shopping with Harry and his boyfriend, Louis , a couple of days ago.

Louis is so funny. I bought him a bunch of random stuff. Harry kept joking that Louis  was going to dump him for me if I kept spoiling him that way, but I couldn't help it!

I love buying things for people I love.

Harry had to restrain me from hitting the cash register every two seconds. Guess I got a bit too excited with the prospect of having money. :)

A while ago you asked me when my birthday was, and I don't think I answered. It's on May 3th. You didn't miss it :) When is yours?

Oh, I was wondering if I could have your number? In case I felt like calling you some time. It's only fair :) But, I respect it if you'd rather not give it to me. I won't be too offended. ;)

Okay, I've rambled long enough. I'm off!

Your friend,

Camila

————————

"I brought movies," Camila announced, stepping inside the apartment and shutting the door with her foot. She walked inside to find Dinah on the couch, leaning over a newspaper.

"I hope those are the personals and not the classifieds."

Dinah didn't glace up. "Entertainment section. I'm trying to see if there's any auditions advertised anywhere. I should really see about getting an agent."

"No time like the present," Camila said cheerfully. She held up the bag she carried. "Did I mention I brought movies?"

Brown eyes drifted over to the bag and lit up.

"What did you get?"

"Gay movies," Camila answered.

Dinah blinked several times. "Come again?"

"I'm curious to see what all the fuss is all about. I mean, first Harry, then Laura. Let's see how the other half lives. Or you know, the other ten percent or whatever it is these days."

"Gay movies?" Dinah asked. "But we're not gay."

Camila frowned. "Well, they see straight movies all the time, and they're not straight. Seems fair to me." She grinned.

"Besides, it'll be interesting."

Dinah shrugged and sat back. "Can't argue with that logic. What are we watching?"

Camila looked through the small selection, emptying the bag. "Uh, I've got The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls In Love, But I'm A Cheerleader, Carol, Get Real, and If These Walls Could Talk 2."