Chapter 50

BOOOMBOOMMM !  OKAY I KNOW SOME OF YOU BEEN WAITING SO IM GONNA BE NICE AND NOT KEEP ALL OF YOU ON EDGE  .... AND TO THE PERSON LOOSING PRECIOUS SLEEP OVER THIS.... JUST BEWARE THIS STORY IS FAR FROM BEING OVER 😉

Lauren took a deep breath, the words forming on her lips. "Camila, I'm—" She was suddenly cut off by her ringing cell phone. Fuck! "Excuse me," she said to Camila and flipped open the telephone.

"Yeah?" she demanded impatiently.

"Bitches R Us? Do you deliver, by chance?" Adrian commented.

Lauren rolled her eyes and turned back to Camila . "I'll be right back," she told her, and stormed into her bedroom, while trying not to look like she was storming.

Closing the door behind her, she leaned against it. "I was right in the middle of telling Camila ."

"No way!"

"Yes way," Lauren confirmed.

"Then why the hell did you answer the phone?" Adrian wondered. "You have shitty confessional skills."

Lauren groaned. "And you have shitty timing."

"Hey, I'm not psychic," Adrian argued.

"How was I to know you'd finally grown the balls to tell her?"

Lauren sighed. "This is going to be really hard," she admitted. "What if she hates me?"

"She won't."

"How do you know?"

"I don't, I'm just trying to make you feel better."

Lauren looked around her bedroom, where Camila's paintings lined the wall. She suddenly got an idea. "I'm gonna go. Call you later." She didn't wait for Adrian to reply before shutting off the phone and tossing it somewhere in her closet. Taking a deep breath, she walked out of the bedroom.

Camila was still standing where Lauren had left her. When she saw Lauren , she straightened up.

"You okay?"

Lauren wasn't sure what the correct answer to that question would be, so she didn't answer it. "Look, Camila ," she began. "There's something really important that you should know, and I realize that I should've told you sooner, but ... I didn't know how."

"What is it?" Camila asked, sounding worried.

Lauren hesitated, knowing it was her one and only chance to make things right. If she chickened out now there would be no going back. "I'll show you," she answered, her heart beating faster which each second that passed. She turned and led Camila to her bedroom. With every step, she was tempted to stop. She was tempted to turn around, to lie, to make up something stupid. She wanted to say something, anything. She knew she was sinking fast. And all she wanted was one last breath of fresh air before she let herself drown.

Camila was growing progressively more nervous. What could Lauren Jauregui possibly have to tell her? And where were they going? Maybe it was a last minute surprise party? Or maybe Lauren Jauregui was a freaky sex addict and had a bunch of people tied up in her room.

Maybe she was a serial killer ...

At the door, Lauren paused and turned around so suddenly that Camila collided into her. Soft arms went around her to steady her, and Camila almost didn't want to move. Her body tingled where Lauren was touching her. She instantly stepped back. "I'm sorry," she apologized, confused and startled. "I wasn't expecting you to stop." Lauren looked so pained that Camila was tempted to hug her. It couldn't be that bad, could it?

The actress closed her eyes for a moment, and when she opened them again, they filled with unshed tears.

Camila didn't know what to say or do. What was going on? She wanted to make Lauren feel better, but how could she do that when she didn't know what was wrong?

"Lauren?" she said softly. "What's wrong?"

"I'm really sorry for lying to you," Lauren whispered, and opened the door.

Camila didn't know how to reply to that, so she remained silent. She stepped into the room after Lauren , wondering what awaited her. Her heart hammered in her chest, afraid of the unknown. At first, all that she noticed was a neatly made bed and a nightstand with a lamp on top of it. The room was bare otherwise. Unsure of what she was supposed to be looking at, she glanced at Lauren for a clue.

The actress motioned to the wall behind Camila .

It took Camila a long moment to register what she saw when she turned around.

The first thing she noticed was the frame.

The picture inside of it didn't make sense until moments later when she noticed the other two.

Stepping further into the room, she grew completely oblivious to the fact that Lauren was still standing there. She was trying desperately to understand how the painting Laura had bought, the painting the strange woman with no money had taken, and the painting Camila had sent to Laura had ended up in Lauren Jauregui's bedroom.

She knew there could only be one explanation, but it made about as much sense to her as the entire situation. Slowly, she turned to Lauren who was patiently awaiting a reaction. "It was you?" she asked, unable to believe what she was thinking; unable to wrap her mind around the million thoughts running through her head at that moment.

"I'm sorry," Lauren said.

But Camila didn't really hear her. Her mind was rapidly putting together the pieces of the puzzle. The $15,000 ... the fact that Dinah got a role in Lauren Jauregui's movie ... the similarity in their voices ... Lauren reading Harry Potter ... the lack of emails ... Laura's hesitation in talking about herself ... "Oh my God," Camila whispered, suddenly feeling sick. She wanted to stop thinking, but the more she tried, the harder her mind worked to make sense of it all. She needed to breathe. She needed fresh air. She needed to get out of there. "I ... I have to go."

Camila didn't wait for Lauren to answer.

She bolted out of the bedroom door and out of the apartment, vaguely recognizing the sound of her own name on Lauren Jauregui's lips as the actress called after her.