Chapter 41

BEEN SOME REALLY TOUGH DAYS TBH BUT HERE YOU HAVE IT ....

Camila jumped up off the couch the second she heard the door unlock. "Well?" she demanded impatiently as soon as Dinah appeared in the doorway. Camila took note of Dinah's frazzled disposition and frowned slightly. "What happened?" she asked, gently this time.

Dinah stepped into the apartment and closed the door behind her. Instead of answering, she walked over to the kitchen table and sat down.

Camila quickly followed suit. "Did the audition not go well?" she asked softly, taking a seat at the table. She had already prepared speeches either way. A good friend is always ready for anything.

After a couple of minutes of sustained silence, Camila was about to speak again, when Dinah finally spoke up. "It went ... fine," she said. "Really well, actually."

Camila struggled with how to respond to the situation. She'd been prepared for an ecstatic Dinah with good news or a depressed Dinah with bad news. Camila wasn't entirely sure how to react to a depressed Dinah with good news. "Um, that's ... great?" she ventured uncertainly.

Dinah glanced over at her best friend.

"Sorry, I think I'm still in shock," she responded. "Did you get the part?" Camila asked, suddenly feeling excited.

"I don't know yet," Dinah answered. "I was the first to audition."

Camila was slightly disappointed and a little more confused. "Was it really cool?"

"I... um," Dinah began. "I had to kiss someone."

"Who?" Camila asked, starting to feel desperate. When Dinah didn't answer right away, Camila asked, "Is it someone I would recognize?"

Dinah nodded.

"So it's someone famous?" Camila asked, her excitement quickly returning. "Oh yes," Dinah responded. "Very famous."

Camila contemplated the riddle for a moment, guessing that Dinah wasn't going to up and volunteer the information without a little guesswork first. She snapped her fingers. "Zayn Malik?"

Dinah stared at her with a mysterious smile on her face. "Close," she answered. "Very, very close."

Camila thought about it some more but couldn't come up with anybody else. "I give up," she said finally.

Dinah leaned forward. "I'll give you a hint," she offered. "It's someone who won the award for Best Kiss."

Camila frowned. "Wasn't that Zayn Malik?" she asked, suddenly very confused. "Guess again."

Best Kiss? I'm sure that was Zayn Malik and ... She froze. "No way," Camila breathed, comprehension finally dawning on her.

"Uh-huh," Dinah confirmed, sitting back on the chair.

"Lauren Jauregui ?" Camila asked to make sure there were no misunderstandings in the matter.

"The one and only."

"You kissed Lauren Jauregui i?" Camila repeated.

Dinah nodded. "It's a lesbo flick," she informed Camila . "And guess who's the lead."

"You're kidding," Camila said, certain it had to be some kind of joke; a clever diversion to distract her from the fact that Dinah had gotten the part.

"Mila," Dinah said quite seriously. "I kissed Lauren Jauregui . Technically, though, she kissed me."

"On the lips?"