Chapter 59

CAMILA IS FINALLY SEEING THE LIGHT !!! CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH????
GOD BLESS THE GAYS 💖💖💖

"Oh man, you're probably gonna get this one," Lauren muttered, looking at the Trivial Pursuit card she'd picked. It was hours after their nap, and after a hearty breakfast of fruit and croissants, Camila had suggested they play a board game.

Trivial Pursuit was the only one Lauren had brought, so it won by default.

But, Camila had changed the rules of the game slightly. Instead of a slice of pie for a correct answer, they'd get to ask the other a personal question. "An intellectual truth or truth game", Lauren had called it when Camila had suggested the idea. The artist had simply smiled. And now, Lauren was certain she was about to get asked something she probably wouldn't want to answer.

"Ooh, does it have to do with art?" Camila asked excitedly. "Sweet. Let's hear it."

Lauren cleared her throat. "What Botticelli painting do some wags call 'Venus on the Half- Shell'?"

Camila grinned. "The Birth of Venus," she replied smugly.

Rolling her eyes, Lauren returned the card to the back of the deck. "Okay, fine, smarty pants. What do you want to know?"

Camila was thoughtful while she thought of a question. "Do you have any birthmarks?"

Lauren felt herself blush. Where had that question come from? "Yes," she answered.

"Really? Where?" Camila asked curiously.
Lauren was about to answer, but shook her finger at Camila . "Nu-uh. You only get to ask one question. And you did, and I answered. So, it's my turn."

Pouting, Camila relented. "Fine, I'll get you next time."

Relieved for now, and hoping there wouldn't be a next time, Lauren rolled the dice. She landed on green. She groaned.

"That's sports, isn't it? I don't know the first thing about sports."

"Good," Camila answered with a satisfied smirk. She took a card from the box and read, "What pro sports team is nicknamed 'the Broadway Blues'?"

Lauren thought long and hard.

"Broadway... that's New York. So, um, the New York some things. Er, the Braves!"
Camila blinked at her. "That's insulting. The New York Rangers." She put the card back and shook her head. "The Braves? They're not from New York."

"I did mention the not knowing anything about sports thing, right?" Lauren said. "I could've sworn I did."

With a laugh, Camila took her turn.

"Yellow."

"Which two founding fathers graced the first two stamps sold in the U.S., in 1847?" Lauren asked, hoping that Camila was as adept in history as she was in sports.

"Ben Franklin," Camila said, "and ..." She scrunched up her face. "George Washington?" she ventured uncertainly.

Lauren frowned. "How do you know this stuff?" she asked, impressed in spite of the fact that she was losing.

"Should've stayed in school, Miss Jauregui ," Camila teased. "Hmm, so where was I? Oh, right. Your birthmark. Where is it?"

Lauren sighed. "It's on my butt." Camila grinned. "Oh really? Interesting."

Lauren hoped that Camila's next question wouldn't be, "Which cheek?" With a resigned sigh, she rolled the dice and landed on pink.

"Yes! Good."