12 |

A/N: Substance abuse is a serious mental illness and there is help available. If you need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to message me privately.

*Trigger Warning*

Pixie dust doesn't make you fly, or bring you any luck, but is much more magical.

Berry stood over me, her gaze questioning. Her face was muddled but her elfish features were hard to lose in the fog.

"I've never seen a human use pixie dust... I was sure they would die." Berry said it in such a sickly sweet voice that her words, at first, did not register.

This was a test.

Not only did Berry now know that the blood running through my veins was far from normal, she had taken the risk of murder to solidify her suspicion.

I gulped.

And took another hit — grazing the dust off the back of my hand into my nostrils. It burned only slightly, but I wanted to ignore her.

So I pretended not to hear her.

I refocused myself on the scene in front of me. The flames of the fire appeared to lick my skin. I sat there and watched for hours as the bright flames curled around my outstretched fingers.

I welcomed the heat, and thought for a minute I could even feel the sun beating down on my skin. I breathed, allowing the rays to repower me.

The fire eventually faded out, and Berry had disappeared... no longer tending to the kindles. I sat in the dark, letting images of my family surround me.

I was watching myself now. A projection of myself floated around the air; I was a young child running around the empty stone halls of my home. I was giggling, happy; clearly the thing I was running from was not yet scary.

I watched, from my now paralyzed body — this new figurine join mine.

Destiny.

Her voice melodically rang out, as if it was actually echoing off the walls.

"Theia! Get back here, you need to bring the sun back before someone notices!"

I bathed in her smile, she wasn't really angry with me. In fact, she was proud. Destiny had always been my best friend and teacher.

Yet now, when I looked back upon her image, it was shrouded in darkness. I shuddered at the sight. I started to remember what she did to bring me back...

As the sadness set in, I could also feel the effects of the pixie dust wearing off.

And with each sense of clarity that awoken me, I again opened the small vial that Berry had given me.

I was only alive when moving from high to high.

My visions were filled with memories and happiness, but I just kept snorting the powder that began to hurt my nose.

There was only one person I wanted to see.

There are plenty of people to love, why did it have to be him?

And until he could love me, this feeling would have to be enough.

Eventually, I started to move. My stiff body resisted the idea, but I could no longer stay there. Berry and her friends had left hours ago.

Or so I thought.

Something caught my eye. I looked up at the trees, the leaves suddenly morphed into snakes, withering around. Yet, in between them I could see a figure bobbing —jumping from tree to tree. Someone was watching, but I didn't care enough to investigate.