34 |

🖤 V O T E & COMMENT 🖤

My ears rang as the pressure of takeoff filled them with air. My stomach turned and the sudden urge to vomit rose in my throat. I hated planes.

And this time I was alone.

Well, I wasn't really alone —Orion sat farther up in the row, and I know there was a guard lurking around somewhere. However, I felt alone.

Paxton was not with me. He was torn about letting me go and even mad that he couldn't come. Yet, this last-minute trip didn't allow for a lot of rearrangement of schedules. The flight to Myersdale wasn't long, and soon our large plane was landing at the tiniest airport. The last time I had been in this town was before I died.

Adira and Klayton waited on the tarmac. My call to Adira left out the details of my visit and I am sure they were anxious.

Orion looked pale —even a warrior like him would get nervous around an Alpha of this importance. If only he knew that his training would be led by none other than Adira herself.

I greeted her with a hug; Klayton seemed to stiffen at my movement when I wrapped my arms around her. It made me unsure of where our relationship stood. We may be connected for life by our magical bond, but that didn't mean she wanted to spend any time with me.

Orion stood behind me, and I looked blankly at him for a second before realizing that it was my responsibility to introduce him.

"Oh—" I shuffled back, opening myself up so they could see him better.

"This is Orion. I know I explained briefly on the phone, but I need your help Adira. He wants to be an Oracle and I think you are the best person to help."

Klayton stepped in front of his Luna, blocking our view of her completely.

"No. That is not happening –any kind of training will have to wait. Adira doesn't need to work right now, especially with an unmated male."

He almost spits his words at me. Heat rises to my face; I was flustered at his sudden rejection of my proposal. And mad he would dare speak in that manner to a Luna.

I ignored him. I walked around his tall figure so I could see Adira. I stood my ground, not even making any further eye contact with Klayton. "Is this something that you would be interested in? As the Goddess of the Moon, you are the keeper of Oracles and the best fit for the job."

I could see Klayton out of the corner of my eye, fuming at my utter disregard for this opinion.

I could tell Adira chose her words carefully, she didn't say yes but questioned my judgement.

"Why wouldn't you ask Destiny? She is the keeper of fate, so I am sure she could do just as good of a job as me."

Her question struck me. I glanced back at Orion, watching his confusion grow. I had given it thought. But Destiny was a little preoccupied at the moment and I didn't want to get more involved in her crazy plans.

I knew Adira would see through any lie I told.

"Destiny may create fate, but you are the one that helps people see their prophecy. And we both know Destiny would train him to do her bidding —only teaching him to see the parts of the future that are convenient for her, specifically."

Adira raised an eyebrow. I wasn't telling her anything she did not already know. And knowing that these were not the reasons I wasn't going to my sister. I was desperate for her help.

"And she is pregnant." The words flew out of my mouth before I even knew what I was saying. I clenched my teeth together and waited for her reaction.