Surprise Gifts

Today was the second day for our guest, but I feel like my head hurts and my body was aching

Bed tempted me not to get up, I curling myself on the duvet, unexpected I feel chills over my body. Hurry up to take off the aircon and get the body thermometer to check my body's temperature.

When I've done to check, I saw 40.1°c. Then I went to my first aid kit box to take some medicine...

As I lay off again in my bed, I called my secretary to informed her my condition and I need to take some rest. After then, I went back to sleep for having enough time to relax.

***
I woke up from the doorbell. I slowly trying to get up and let myself stand to know who's the one disturb my peaceful life.

When I opened the door, "Hello ma'am, are you Ms. Reece Riley McFadden?" the man asked while holding a bouquet of flowers

"Ah yes, its me...How can I help you?"

"Miss McFadden, this is for you" he gave me the flowers and a medium size box

"Ok-ay-yy. But may I ask, who send all of this things?" curiosity raised my head..

"I think ma'am you should read the card which you'll find in the bouquet, We're not allowed to answer questions from you according to our client..I'm so sorry, I'll go now" the delivery man said and walking away from me.

Before to read the card, I'll put the flowers in a vase and place it to my table, besides I want to drink coffee while reading the letter inside the card.

I examined the flowers over the vase, it brought me peace, calm and solemn environment. I've recalled a quote from a book about flowers,

"Deep in their roots,
all flowers keep the light"

(c) Theodore Roethke

I went to my kitchen to make some coffee and a toasted bread, though it was 11 oclock in the morning

When I've done on my coffee and bread, I walked towards the table and ready to read the letter. A strange feeling moved in my head..