At The Party

Woah!

Woah!

Time flies really fast as I didn't realize it was happening. Today is the most precious day of my work in the beloved 'Hotel De Diamante'.

My last day and, whilst, a party for a charity event will be held later tonight. Our boss let us have beauty rest, so we could enjoy the party even once. My boss and I are the only ones who know what I may be announcing later.

I know it is hard to do, but it is a good thing that I've had a chance to see another world before going back to England. The only thing that comes to mind is the vacation I'm going to take after my retirement.

Now, I need to go to the salon to have my beauty transformation. Suddenly, my phone started to ring.

"Hello, I'm sorry I can't accompany you; I have an urgent business." voice from the other line

I said, "Oh it's OK, I just asked you awhile ago if you were free."

"As your best friend, my duty is to join in on your craziness. I just want to see how you look before you attend the party," he told me.

"Ok, if you're free later, you can pick me up here in the salon, then you can see me before I'll go"

"Sure, it sounded good, but how about when you were going to go back home?" he asked.

"No need to worry about that, I've got my secretary as well as the new manager who will accompany me when I go home," I told him.

"All right then. See you tonight. I'll drop you off at the hotel" Then he ended the call.

I walked inside the salon to fulfill my real purpose here.

3 hours ago...

I'm done with my hair and make-up. For the last time, I need to wear my personal dress for the party. One of the staff got my jacket and helped me to wear it.

I'm staring at myself in a huge mirror. I can't control my amazement. The girl in the front of me looks like an elegant princess. After five years without any title in my name, I didn't use any kind of sociality in any event.

"Wow! Who's the most gorgeous woman tonight?" A voice appeared on my back, then I turned my head slowly to see him.

"Well, thank you. I laughed at him.

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment, even though I'm the only one you see right now. "I laughed at him.

"I don't care about the others. All I can say is I'm really proud because you're my stupid best friend, though your craziness is overload" he stated while crossing two arms over his chest.

"Great. If you don't mind, it's almost 8 o'clock in the evening. In just a few minutes, the party will start," I told him while picking up my purse as well as putting the invitation inside it.