Chapter 18: Y/n's New Guardian

It was the next day and Blake was at the coffee shop with the monkey Faunus from the ship, who has introduced himself as Sun Wukong.

Blake: "So you really want to know about me?"

Sun: "Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you gave me nothing but small talk and weird looks!"

Blake gives Sun a firm look.

Sun: "Yeah, like that."

Blake rolls her eyes before closing and opens them with a sad look.

Blake: "Sun....are you familiar with the White Fang?"

Sun: "Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!"

Blake: "I was once a member of the White Fang."

Sun chokes on his drink upon hearing this causing him to put his drink down.

Sun: "Wait a minute, YOU were a member of the White Fang?!"

Blake: "That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it. Back then, things were different. In the ashes of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between Humans and Faunus. Of course depite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still through of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott. I actually thought we were making a difference. But I was just a youthful optimist. Then, five years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. Our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests that replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us, hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor. And the worst part was. it was working. We were treated like equals. But not out respect... out of fear.

Blake takes a sip from her cup and puts it down.

Blake: "The biggest mistake I made with them, I brought my little brother into it. He was kinda like I was, young, energetic, optimistic and wanted to help others. He.....saw things he shouldn't have. The atrocities the White Fang committed left scars on us both. So. I left. I was no longer going to support their violence and Y/n was not going to be traumatized anymore. So here I am: a criminal hiding in plain view, all with the help of a little black bow.

Blake wiggled her cat ears underneath her bow. 

Sun: "So..... you'r brother, is he-?"

Blake: "Human."

Sun: *eyes widened* "I take it he's adopted then?"

Blake: *sighs* "Yes. I won't into the details but he was five years old when my mom found him. Lost, alone and scared. We took him in and we treated like he was one of out own. Everyone especially the White Fang thought the a Faunus Family raising a human child would finally bring us closer to unity."

Blake grips her cup tightly and lets out a silent growl.

Blake: "I don't care that he's a human, I only see him as he really is, *smiles* my little brother."

Sun: "Wow, sounds like you really care about him. So, where is he now?"

Jack: *offscreen* "That's an excellent question."

Blake and Sun looked at the entrance to see Jack and Hogan in front of the door. 

Blake:*surprised* "Jack?!, Hogan?!"