5. protect

THIRD POV (decided to change it)

Y/n quietly observed the boys work with focus, although the twins occasionally bicker over small things, they still did the work. She saw Atsumu hesitantly looking at the pile of powder and at the flask on his hand, so she decided to help him.

She stood up and placed the finished essay down. Atsumu released a quiet sigh, but Y/n stood beside him.

She looked up at Atsumu and at his hand. Softly grabbing them, she guided his veiny hand to pour the chemical on the pile. Atsumu froze as he let the girl control him.

Suna secretly took a picture of them and Osamu snickered with him.

When she poured the chemical, the pile emitted a purple flame. Atsumu's eyes sparkled as he saw the fire both he and the girl had made.

"Nice, do we call the teacher now?" Osamu asked everyone.

They all nodded and Osamu raised his hand, attracting everyone's attention. The teacher walked to them with a smile and an impressed look glazed her eyes. She clapped and took the 10 paged essay from Y/n's hand and got even more surprised.

"Automatically perfect. Good job," The teacher clapped, making other students' eyes pop out of their sockets.

Y/n slightly bowed and she turned to the boys who looked at her with a smile. She raised a brow in confusion when they held their hands up.

"It's a high five, idiot," Suna jokingly said. Her mouth formed an 'o' and she excitedly high fived with them. Osamu ruffled her hair, Suna pinched her cheek, and Atsumu had put his arm over her shoulders.

They were oblivious to the stares as they continued to converse with one another, Atsumu still clung to Y/n's shoulders.

They all think Y/n as a really talented, smart, and pretty girl. The boys were really impressed at how she didn't cling into them like other girls. They appreciated her.

Suna felt uneasy, "Atsumu, don't you think L/n needs space? You're clinging to her."

Osamu nodded, "You don't look cute, 'Tsumu."

Atsumu whined, "Yer opinions don't matter. Plus, I can't easily pull away. Y/n's really soft," He said as he hugged her, burying his face on her neck. The girl was tensed as she sweatdropped.

Hey, little space please ... She thought as she felt the familiar sense of itchiness that gnawed on her skin spreading throughout her body. She didn't want to be rude, but she still suffers a bit from her germaphobia. It isn't exactly an easy task to overcome it when it's rooted from physical and emotional trauma.

"Atsumu, let her go. I'm serious," Suna had his brows furrowed and cocked his head to the side to usher him to move away from me.

Atsumu finally got the message and nodded, moving away. I exhaled in relief.

"By the way, you guys can leave early if you'd like," The teacher told them, not wanting to see two students show affection infront of her.

They all nodded and went outside after removing their lab coats and goggles.

They're really entertaining.

Y/n watched as the boys joke around while sipping on their juice boxes. But she couldn't smile, no matter what she did. It made her frown.

Suna noticed and his face immediately softened, "Hey, Y/n. Is something wrong? Are we annoying you?"

"Please don't leave, you're the only girl we can actually hang out with," Atsumu pouted and Osamu nodded.

She shook her head and looked away, sipping on her milk carton. She wondered if they'll still hang out with her, given how she didn't really stand out like other girls. She felt that she was not special enough to be in their entertainment. To her eyes, she's attractive. It wasn't insecurity, she just thinks of it as facts. And she took it too well.

"Y/n, you can talk to us, you know?" Atsumu softly said, only to be hit on the head by Osamu.

Osamu rolled his eyes, "Idiot, have you forgotten already? She can't talk when her vocal chords are still healing."

"Oh, right. Sorry," Atsumu awkwardky rubbed the back of his neck. Suna snickered.

She gave him a pat on the shoulder, indicating that it's fine. Atsumu nodded and continued sipping on his juice box. The girl wished they'll last long as her friend.

"How long will it be completely heal?" Osamu asked her as he took a last sip of his straberry flavored milk. Suna and Atsumu was also done, only Y/n was still drinking quietly.

She held up 2 fingers and let Osamu guess, he hummed, "2 days?" She shook her head, "2 weeks?" He asked once again, and she nodded.

Atsumu whistled, "That's long don't you think?" He said as he fumbled with his straw.

The girl could only shrug while Suna and Osamu shot him a glare. Atsumu became quiet after that.

Y/n stood up and took their empty juice boxes, heading to the trash bin. The boys tried to stop her and do it for her but she shot them a short glare.

The boys watched her from afar as she properly disposed of the empty drinks, but when she was about to go back a group of girls stopped her.

They crossed their arms at her and glared, "What do you think you are doing, new student? Trying to whore around with our boys? Did you transfer here just to fuck around with them? You're disgusting, stay away from them," She spat out and went to slap her.

The boys were a little far and a little too late to stop her.

The girl's face turned to the side with a blank face, her cheek was stained with a red handprint. The girls laughed at her but froze when the boys got behind her with a harsh glare.

"Eep! L-Let's go!" They nervously shuffled and ran away.

Y/n looked forward and slightly rubbed her red cheek. She glanced at her phone and noticed the time, lunch ended.

She turned to the boys who looked like they were talking about what to say to her. But she walked near them and pointed at the time of her phone, as if nothing happened.

"Are you alright? Did her slap hurt?" Atsumu worriedly asked, but Osamu punched his shoulder.

"Of course she's not alright, the slap obviously hurted her," Osamu rolled his eyes and went to touch the girl's cheek, caressing it softly.

Suna sighed, "Let's get her to the clinic, again. She needs to be treated. I'll report them later to the principal, I caught a glimpse of her name on her ID earlier."

These guys are so extra.

The girl furiously shook her head, confusing the trio. She flashed a thumbs up, saying that she's alright. The boys looked at each other before nodding at her.

"Alright, but you need to tell us if it still hurts, okay?" Atsumu told her.

She nodded and turned around, walking to the next class with them. Suna was behind her, making sure no one comes up to her. Osamu was at her right, doing the same. Atsumu did the same by her left.

She sweatdropped. They're like a bunch of idiots trying to be bodyguards. This is so cliche it hurts my head.

Although it was kind of embarassing and weird for her, she didn't fuss about it too much. She felt protected. And she wanted to make the feeling last longer, no matter what.

i'll be having fun writing Y/n's traumatic past in the later chapters ;}