27. sun

Third POV

Inarizaki walked with confidence as they approached the area they would be staying at before a match they were paired up against, which is Karasuno.

The coaches were arranging stuff— specifically rightful players they'd choose for the match. Although they ended up picking the regulars, it wasn't much of a problem since they're used to winning with those set of players.

The manager was strolling around trying to find the pen she had dropped earlier but didn't have time to pick it up since Atsumu grabbed her to a shop to buy creative shirts. Once she did, though, her eyes slowly sparkled when she saw it isolated in the middle of an area.

Y/n waddled over there with a slight cheery aura but a gasp brought slight panic in her. She whipped her head up to see her friend waving with a big, sunny grin.

"Y/n!!" He was shining when he was about to approach, but he got distracted and the ball bonked on his head.

"Oi, Hinata boke! Pay attention dammit!" A pissed ravenette scolded him.

The smaller boy gave him a dramatic look away, "I saw a friend— I'll return later."

"What the—," Before the taller guy could retort back, the boy already walked over to the girl.

She gave a small smile while still gripping on her pen, "Shoyo."

"Woah, I didn't expect to see you here! Wait, why are you here? And you're blonde...half?" He curiously asked, blinking innocently with his head tilted to the side.

The girl gave a lipped smile, "I'm managing a team. And for this," She lowly picked a strand of pale blonde hair, "Long story."

"Ooohh," He nodded and smiled again, "Hey, hey, what team are you managing?"

"Inarizaki."

Hinata's eyes widened in shock, the ravenette friend of his stared confused at the back while spinning a ball on his palm.

Y/n felt an arm coil around her shoulders as the familiar scent of the boy she adored filled her sense of smell, "She's my manager and my girlfriend."

The girl raised a brow and looked at him but he only stared piercingly at the tangerine with a smirk on his lips.

Girlfriend? He's using the English word, too. This guy sure is going fast.. She blinked.

A sneaky, small smile crept up on her lips. No complaints, though.

She turned to the small guy in front, "I'm managing Inarizaki."

A pout formed on Hinata's lips.

It soon turned to a frown, "Girlfriend? As in, like, girl friend? If so— Y/n's also my girlfriend!" He beamed, strong Japanese accent when he said the word.

An irk popped on the side of Atsumu's temple as he glared down at him, "Listen here—"

"Miya-san," The guy from earlier appeared.

Atsumu slurred his eyes to him, "Tobio-kun, d'ya mind telling shorty here what the English label 'girlfriend' means?"

The ravenette blinked in confusion but nodded, "Oh, okay. Um," He turned to Y/n who looked at him with innocence, and then to Hinata who also wore the same expression but with different reason.

"Girlfriend is like a girl best friend, not just a friend."

"...."

"...."

"..."

"....."

Idiots... Atsumu can't help but feel embarrassed and hopeless for them.

"Ohhhh," Hinata had his mouth form an 'O' shape and he turned to the girl, "Nothing changed though. She's still my girlfriend, right?"

"Hinata," Y/n sweatdropped, "Girlfriend. It means I'm his, we're together."

His head tilted to the other side, "He owns you?"

The blonde sadly sighed and looked over to Tobio with the same confused expression, "I can't. I can not. What the heck is wrong with the both of you?!"

"Calm down," She took his arm off of her shoulders and held his hand instead. The girl turned to the tangerine and the blueberry.

"Shoyo, Tobio. Girlfriend means Kanojo, you know what that means, right?" She gave a small smile.

Both their eyes widened, "Ohhh."

Hinata pouted, "Y/n, I haven't seen you since that one festival. And now I meet you again you're dating a guy?"

"Sorry, I didn't get to have enough time to contact you with all my busy schedule," She smiled apologetically.

Atsumu hummed and turned to you, "You're friends with him?"

The girl nodded.

He nodded slowly before turning to Kageyama as Hinata took the ball from his hands and balanced it on the top of his head, "Tobio-kun, meet my girl. L/n Y/n."

"Hello," The ravenette bowed to her.

She smiled with her eyes closed, "Adorable."

He stood up straight and blushed, not knowing how to respond.

Meanwhile Atsumu was fuming silently on the side, "Hey," He frowned at his girl.

"Pft," She laughed and intertwined her fingers with his. Y/n turned to both guys in front, "We'll get going now. It's nice to meet you, Kageyama-kun. Nice to see you again, Shoyo."

Both of them waved as Atsumu and her returned to the team, hand still clasped together. Kita turned and noticed this. He raised a brow.

"What's this?" He gestured at their locked hands with his finger.

Atsumu blinked, "Hands."

"Woah, we didn't think it were hands," Suna faked enthusiasm in his tone with a bored look. Osamu looked at Atsumu's hands and away, grimacing.

The manager approached the coaches and talked to them about stuff for the team, Atsumu's hand still gripped by hers. The blonde cockily smiled at the boys who gave him annoyed looks, with envy in some eyes'.

The coach eyed their hands, "And you're holding hands because...?"

Y/n looked at their hands and to Atsumu who just smiled at her.

She looked back at the coaches, "It's mutual comfort."

"....."

"Right," He nodded awkwardly and turned to the team, "Alright, everyone prepare yourselves. We're going to the court now."

The girl fully turned to Atsumu and held both his hands near her lips, "Do your best there."

An outstanding move, really. The boy's face boiled as his heart felt like it never skipped a beat. He was too in love and caught up in the moment that he didn't even clearly make out his teammates laughing at his state. Suna was recording his frozen state, Osamu was laughing hard while knelt on the ground, Aran was chuckling secretly, Oomimi had an expression that said he approved, Ginjima kept on snickering, and Kita had mixed feelings but nonetheless he had a small smile for them.

The center of his attention is her and only her. With that dreamy, sparkling eyes, pink rose lips, her other eye color hidden under her pale blonde fringe, and the natural blush she had was overall breathtaking. 

She was to die for.

It took a few moments to recover himself but he did anyway. They all changed to their jersey and walked to the court, Atsumu had one thing on his mind.

To win the Nationals not just for the team and him, but also for her.

im excited to write college arc

i'll be featuring a special character under my name