15. butterfly

THIRD POV

"Why am I like this...?"

Bokuto frowned and stared at the bottle of beer on his hand, examining it as if it was from the future.

He secretly grabbed in on the way out of the restaurant– but it was fine since the coaches already paid for it. Now he's sitting on a swing at a playground, the one near Y/n's house.

Just a shot.....

Yet here I am, planning to finish the whole bottle..

Hurt people do this, right?

They can make pain go away when they drink and get drunk, right?

Not only adults can do this, right?

It's fine......right?

The owl released a shaky sigh before popping the lid open by force with his hand alone.

He didn't pay no mind to the lid and slowly put the bottle near his lips.

Sip.

Bokuto cringed and coughed a little, face twisting at the bitter taste that engulfed his tongue and slightly burned his throat along with his stomach. He threw the bottle far away, he was disappointed at himself.

He giggled bitterly and hiccuped. Bokuto swung back and forth like a child as he felt a little tipsy, waiting for the girl who looked like Y/n to approach him. His alcohol tolerance is super low, though the drink wasn't exactly light either.

"Hey, you good?"

Bokuto laughed, almost falling back on the swing, "Hahaha! I'm good, what about me? I mean you?? I mean–"

"Shh," Y/n took both of his hands on hers. A frown made its way to her lips when she realized the alcohol took a quick effect on him.

The owl giggled at her and caressed her hand, "Whaaatt you concerned? You look like Y/n, by the way."

His vision was kind of unstable, he sees almost everything as blurry. Just how strong was the drink?

"Alright, time to go home. Get up, Ko," She sighed and helped him get up from the seat of the swing. He stumbled and fell on his knees.

"OwwwwwwwwiIeieee," He whined and got up wobbling.

"Ko, don't move around too much please. Let's get you back to your hotel," Y/n said and pulled him up with his hand.

He hiccupped, "Koooo??? You call me like how my dearest person call me before," Suddenly he frowned, "But she doesn't now, not anymore."

She felt her heart drop.

"Um, come on," She sweatdropped when he didn't budge.

"What's your problem? Move now," Y/n said with gritted teeth.

He sniffled, "B-But you just said not to move."

Her eye twitched.

"What?? I said don't move TOO MUCH. I didn't tell you not to move. Damn it," She released a stressed sigh and ran her hand through her h/c locks.

He hiccupped again, "Pffft,,, you really sound and act like herrr," He let a teasing tongue jut out as he acted cute.

".....," She didn't reply but supported him instead while they walked. Bokuto was full with meat and hardened flesh, so she was really challenged at how she's supposed to balance the both of them. Him being drunk didn't help at all.

"Heeeeeey,,,, Butterfly," He sang.

She huffed and opened her front door with one hand, "Thank god my house is near, my parents are away too. If they were here they would've asked you and me tons of questions. Also, don't call me that– why do you even call me that?"

"Hihi~," Bokuto giggled and followed her like a puppy, still clinging on to her for support, "You remind me so much of a girl I like, I call her Butterfly because she seemed so free and beautiful."

What a child.

She sighed, refraining a smile from what he said and forced the both of them to go up the flight of stairs instead. Bokuto almost flew out of the railings, but Y/n was luckily able to pull him back.

Y/n let him lay on her bed and went outside after saying, "Ko, I'll make you food. Rest in the mean time."

A sigh escaped her lips and a smile formed when he saw his passed out state, exhausted from the day.

Half an hour had passed and Y/n was finally done with the food she was making for Bokuto. She lightly hummed and entered her room, only to see Bokuto shirtless and sleeping with the side of his face squished on her pillow. His bare, muscly, toned back was shown.

She sighed for nth time, set the tray of food on her nightstand, and pulled the blankets higher to prevent the cold from getting to him.

"Hey, hey, hey. Time to eat," Y/n softly whispered and combed his hair with her fingers.

"Mmmrnngh," He groaned and turned his face on the other side.

The girl can't help but smile. She missed this. Tending to Bokuto. Caring for him freely. Loving him like how a sister should.

"Eat now or it'll get cold," She gently shook him.

He whined silently before staggering to sit up, rubbing his eyes, his vision adjusted.

Bokuto froze when he saw Y/n smiling softly at him.

"....Y/n?" He whispered.

She grabbed the tray of food and propped it on the bed carefully, "Please eat, Ko."

"Wait, what. What's happening??" His brows furrowed as he eyed the aromatic and delicious looking food in front of him.

Y/n took a deep breath and sat slightly far but beside him on the bed, "You're in a dream, I guess. Now go and eat those so your energy can be restored. You're still drunk right?"

He hesitantly nodded, "Right. A dream....," A sad look flashed across his face, "Makes sense. You'd never do this in real life."

She just sat silently and fiddled with her fingers, watching Bokuto eat silently with thin layers of tears shining on his eyes, making his vision more blurred.

"Ko, don't cry. Just enjoy the food I made for you, okay? Here– the miso I made is really warm, just how you like it," She smiled and put the lid of the small bowl to his lips.

His eyes got even more watery as he nodded while biting his lip, "Of course."

He sipped on the perfect soup and closed his eyes, savouring the moments of his dream.

Yes, he still thinks he's dreaming.

After finishing the meal, he put his hands together and said his thanks. He turned to Y/n with a smile, only to find her frowning.

"Y/n? Hey, what's wrong? You can always tell me–"

"Ko, do you wanna cuddle?"

"..."

He blushed more than he should've. He didn't even get time to respond when Y/n put the tray away, slipped in the covers beside him, and snuggled to his body, arm lazily hugging him as she buried her face deep into his scent.

Bokuto immediately wrapped his arms around her, not wanting to waste time until he might wake up from this fantasy.

Although, he was beginning to doubt this was even a dream. It all seemed too realistic. But he couldn't completely tell– his mind is still slightly hazy and his senses are low at the moment.

Soon enough he fell asleep with his love, savoring her sweet scent and lovely comfort.

i rlly love 'tsumu, but im sorry bokuto content for now bc u little nuggets r hating on her and feeling sad for bokuto.