10. owl

THIRD POV

"You've done it fucked, you fucker."

Suna rolled his eyes, "I think one line of that is good enough."

"Shut up, I'm trying to appear cool in here," Osamu harshly whispered at the dark brunette.

"Whatever."

Atsumu turned to Y/n, "Let's go."

"Huh?" The girl hummed in confusion then got dragged by Atsumu away, only for Suna to grab her free hand.

"Let me go," She rolled her eyes. Hands were twitching.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going with her? You made us panic when we lost L/n. You're not responsible in taking care of her–" Suna scowled and pulled Y/n closer.

What is this? Some kind of shoujo manga? Honestly, simpletons. Y/n mentally rolled her eyes.

Y/n secretly removed both her hands from them as they bicker. Osamu opened his arms and Y/n automatically went to him, but ignored it.

"Do you want to eat now?" He asked her.

The girl nodded and followed Osamu to the eat-all-you-can BBQ. He wasn't cold hearted like his twin, so he still reserved a table for 4. Y/n and him went to the table and waited for the BBQ more instead of Atsumu and Suna.

"Say, L/n. If you were to pick from the three of us, who's likely your preferred person?" Osamu asked her while sipping from his iced tea.

She shrugged, "I don't know."

"It's kinda weird you guys are still on about that. Have you guys ever been loved before or something?" She sipped on her drink.

He hummed and ignored what she said, and interwined his fingers in front of him. Osamu leaned, "You seem to like another person, perhaps from another place? Or another school?"

She blushed a little again and looked away to hide her smile. The silver head's eyes widened as he felt eager, but wanted to remain calm. He was about to speak when Y/n looked at him with a small smile–but enough to make Osamu feel strange in his heart.

He was supposed to play along with Atsumu and Suna on who can make their manager laugh first. But why does he feel like it's becoming more and more genuine when he see her smile like that?

"I do have someone I like," She slightly bit her lip to decline a smile, "He's from another school. A powerhouse school, too."

Osamu opened his mouth to speak, but shut it again. He didn't know how to respond.

Then a slightly sad look washed over Y/n's face, "But unfortunately, he doesn't seem like he'll like me anytime soon.."

A sigh escaped her lips as she frowned. The boy's eyes widened as he internally panicked–he didn't know how to lift the mood up.

He was saved when a waiter put plates of raw BBQ on their table and set the cooking station up. The girl quietly took a tong and proceeded to cook. Osamu did the same after he had requested a waiter to bring 4 onigiris.

They were both done with one bite of BBQ when Suna and Atsumu appeared in front of them with annoyed faces. The scene a while ago when Atsumu was with Y/n repeated, only it's Osamu and Y/n now.

"Now you're the one who fucked it, fucker," Atsumu mocked.

"Don't exaggerate things. Just sit down and eat," Y/n blankly said as she took a small bite from her tuna onigiri.

"Right," Atsumu and Suna muttered.

Osamu hastily got up from his seat and immediately sat beside Y/n who was eating comfortably. His twin sneered at him while Suna gave Osamu his judging bitch face. Atsumu and the dark brunette was forced to sit with each other on the space in front of the pair.

They all ate comfortably with occasional chats. It wasn't always awkward though—which they were all grateful for.

The four finished eating and got outside the restaurant. And of course—girls are unavoidable. Majority of the surrounding girls squealed at the sight of the boys, but gave Y/n bitter looks.

As if she cared, anyway.

They were about to go outside the mall where the taxi is waiting for them, but Y/n stopped. The boys didn't notice yet until they reached the exit of the mall.

"K–," Y/n was about to call out to him, but Atsumu called her instead.

"Yo, L/n!" His voice slightly boomed.

The said girl jolted. Annoyance almost flooded her bitter expression when she turned to Atsumu who was wearing a cheeky smile while waving at her. She frowned instead and took a last glimpse of her owl crush before approaching the boys.

Your hair is still nice as usual. Y/n mentally giggled.

"Were you about to approach someone just now?" Suna asked her.

She hesitantly shook her head and got inside the taxi instead. The dark brunette had offered to take her home, and only him, which the twins got pissed at. Y/n told them one is fine enough to take her home—it will be a hassle if someone saw her get escorted by 3 boys. Not to mention—fine looking ones.

The twins waved at her goodbye before hopping inside their separate taxi. Suna sat beside her on the backseat and had told the driver her house location.

Y/n fiddled with her fingers as she looked outside the window, still thinking about him. She wondered if she could request a practice match with Fukurodani to the coaches.

Her eyes brightened at that idea. She subconsciously nodded to herself and figured she'd asked them on Monday.

"What's up? You look kinda excited," Suna slurred out as he scrolled through his phone while his elbow rested on the window by his side.

The girl pursed her lips, "Nothing."

"Mm, okay," He hummed and stayed silent.

The girl stayed silent, unaware that the slow drive is making her eyes droopy. Next thing she knew, her head fell on Suna's shoulder. The boys did really exhaust her—in practice, or matches, and out of practice, or out of matches.

Dreamland awaited her and welcomed her existence the moment her conciousness disconnected from reality.