11. fukurodani

THIRD POV

"Really?"

"Yup. They're coming here in a few minutes now" The coach said while popping the p, "They immediately agreed the moment I said Inarizaki. By the way—what made ya want our boys to practice against Fukurodani?" He asked.

Y/n's cheeks immediately got powdered by red as she looked away, "I just think it would be a nice practice, with two teams being powerhouses and all," She quietly said, refraining a big smile.

I can't wait to see you, K–

"L/nnnnnnnnn," Atsumu dragged and called like a child.

The coach snickered and patted her shoulder, "Ya know, I won't judge if ya just told me ya wanted to see someone from Fukurodani. So, which is it? Setter? Spiker? Libero? Middle Blocker?"

He smirked, "Ace?"

"Miya's calling me—I've got to go now," She hurriedly said and bowed before dashing to where Atsumu is with a flushed face.

Atsumu groaned, "L/n, can ya please ice my neck? Because for no goddamn reason 'Samu went and chopped it," He scowled at Osamu who was secretly eating, hiding the mochi when Kita was in his range of view.

She nodded and got an ice from the mini cooler, getting a new towel with it. Atsumu was silently hissing everytime he touches his neck, it felt painful.

But of course it's Atsumu. He proceeds to touch it even though he's hurt everytime he does.

"Don't," The girl swatted his hand away from the red part of the neck.

Atsumu's eyes widened when she saw her flushed face, "Woah, what's got ya all red? Is it 'cause of me?" He wiggled his brows.

"Hmm, what?" The girls' eyes widened when she still realized she was still red from earlier. She became redder and pursed her lips to refrain a smile, "Sorry."

Atsumu dramatically sighed, "The power I hold," He praised himself with eyes closed. The girl secretly rolled her eyes and sat on the bench in front of the omelette head. She carefully put the ice pack on the red part of his neck, gently putting pressure on it.

The blonde was silent as he took on Y/n's features. Sharp but alluring eye (he can't see the other one, it's covered with a fringe), slightly plump red lips, rosy cheeks, long eyelash, cute nose, soft brows, toned jawline.

He couldn't help but slightly blush, he looked away before she could catch him looking lightly red and nervous.

It's his first time being this close to a girl, and observing her features.

"Does it still hurt?" She whispered while softly caressing his neck. His adam's apple bobbed up and down, the nervous feeling growing stronger every second.

"Uh–," He cleared his throat, "Yes,"

Lie.

He wanted her to touch him more—in a caring way.

"Oh," Was all she said and began to stay that way for a few moments.

Osamu scoffed from afar, munching on his mochi, "The idiot's nervous, lame ass."

"Aren't you lame too? He's getting our manager and you're not?" Suna rolled his eyes, but deep down, he also feels envious.

The silver head's face twisted into a slight scowl, "Oh yeah? Well, look at you. You were her first friend yet someone else got her attention."

"That's foul play, Miya," Suna narrowed his eyes at him before scoffing, "Plus, I don't like her. I barely know her and shit."

"Yeah, right," Osamu said with puffed cheeks from the mochi.

"Osamu."

The said boy froze with wide eyes, Suna put his phone out and recorded. Kita walked in front of him with a stoic gaze, "Didn't I tell ya not to eat in practice?"

"Y-Yes," Osamu stuttered and shoved the remaining mochi in his mouth, hastily chewing it down and swallowing it.

Suna just snickered, but Kita also gave him a stern look. The captain retreated and went to Y/n who was still treating Atsumu.

"But it still hurts," Atsumu whined, keeping Y/n hand in place. She sighed when she hopelessly pulled away, but Atsumu pouted harder.

The girl rested her other hand on his shoulder, "Miya."

"Yes?" He batted his eyes.

Y/n gave a bitter small smile, "Stop acting like a brat."

To say that Atsumu was hurt was an understatement. So he slowly loosened his hold on her hand, letting it drop. He looked away blankly, doubts flooded in. A slightly irritated sigh escaped his lips.

And to think I'll eventually be your close friend. Why are you insensitive, L/n? I just want affection that other girls I wanted to befriend, can't give me. Atsumu frowned.

Y/n noticed his expression and was about to apologize, but Kita appeared.

"Y/n. Fukurodani is coming, sort the chairs. Oh and–do you want me to help you?" He asked with his jacket hung on both his shoulders.

She shook her head rapidly, heart charged to 120% at the mention of Fukurodani, "It's okay—focus on your upcoming practice match."

He hesitantly nodded and motioned for Atsumu to follow him, the team gathered while waiting for Fukurodani.

My heart's beating with agitation. Is it because for him or for the match? It's probably him, though.

She subconsciously let a small smile graze her lips, carrying the chairs with ease as if forgetting the weight. The girl carefully fixed them all before retreating to the benches, clutching the clipboard in hand.

Atsumu pursed his lips to refrain a frown when he saw how Y/n's eye brightened up at the sight of Fukurodani entering the gym.