6. invite

THIRD POV

"Okay class, that's all for today. Make sure to study at home, you'll never know when we'll have a surprise quiz."

The teacher dismissed her students, ending school. Y/n was fixing her things quietly beside Suna, and he did the same.

I need to get home. By bus, right?

The girl nodded on her own and approached Suna. She took out the notes, neatly written on the papers. He looked impressed and ruffled her hair, thanking her.

Wow, feeling close. Joke.

Y/n was about to leave the classroom but Suna called out to her. She stopped and turned to him, he was walking near her.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanna watch me practice?" He asked.

She raised a brow and he sighed. He dragged her by the sleeve of her (his) hoodie to the gym, where they could already hear the sounds of shoes squeaking and balls thudding on the ground. Y/n was confused, but she let him do what he wanted.

Suna opened the gym doors and entered with the girl's sleeve held with his hand. He let her sit on a bench as he disappeared to the locker room to change.

She blinked before realizing everyone was looking at her confusingly, some are even nervous.

"Ah! L/n-chaan~!" Atsumu smiled and approached the girl, Osamu followed suit. The other members raised a brow, shocked at this gesture.

"It's nice that you wanted to watch us practice. We don't usually allow girls here since they're noisy as hell," Osamu said, taking a seat beside her. She shook her head before fiddling with her fingers.

"Come on, don't be shy. I know you want to," Atsumu teased and took the seat beside her.

She was kind of uncomfortable with the stares, so she just looked down.

Please come here, Suna.

The girl slightly bit ber bottom lip before nodding. The boys high fived each other, but froze when they heard a voice.

"Atsumu, Osamu. Get back in the court."

They nodded vigorously before going back to the court. The twins waved at the girl and she waved back.

"Sorry, Kita-san," Atsumu muttered.

Kita sighed and approached the girl. He stood infront of her with a blank face before crossing his arms, "Y/n."

The said girl quickly snapped her head up, seeing her childhood friend's face. She immediately stood up and hugged him, he hugged back.

One of my safe spaces.

"This is a nice coincidence," He muttered beside her ear.

"Woah, Kita-san. You know Y/n?" Suna appeared and approached them.

He nodded, "Childhood friend of mine."

"I see," Something flashed in his eyes but disappeared. He turned to the girl who pulled back from the hug.

"In case you didn't know, Kita-san is the captain of the team. Don't be afraid to reach out to him–or me, if the twins annoyed you," He ruffled her hair and turned to Kita.

Stop doing that.

"She can't speak right now, her throat is in the process of healing from some injury," He nodded to Kita and went to the court.

Kita turned to the girl, "It's okay, I'll understand you. I always do," He smiled a little before patting her head.

The captain went back to the court and told the coaches that she can stay. She fidgeted slightly at the other boys' stares, so she took her phone out to distract herself.