22. safe

THIRD POV

"Where's your twin?"

"He slept late."

"Atsumu."

"He slept late."

"Atsumu."

"He slept late."

"Atsumu.."

"Ok fine," He sighed dramatically and pouted at her, "I just wanted to go to school with ya only. I didn't want 'Samu around, he'll most likely steal yer attention from me."

Y/n lightly rolled her eyes, "You're not a toddler. Next time you leave Osamu-kun, I'll never go with you to school again."

"Fiine," He huffed and got out the bus with her.

She sighed and neared the school's entrance, "I hope he can get here by himself."

"He will don't worry. Unlike me, 'Samu knows his surroundings," Atsumu shrugged and bought two strawberry milk cartons from a nearby vending machine.

"What 's amazing is that you're aware that you're not mindful of your surroundings," She sweatdropped and thanked him when he gave her the other drink.

He grinned, "Well, now that ya know that, it's more than enough reason to keep an eye out for me the most right?"

"Mm..," She quietly hummed and sipped on her drink all the way to the gym.

"Make sure to use what I gave you, mkay?" The blonde hummed and patted her head before going inside the boys' volleyball locker room to change for the morning practice.

Y/n got inside her own locker room. She changed to her tracksuit after stripping out of her uniform, combing her hair with her fingers, she suddenly felt uneasy. As if someone was watching her.

Her heart dropped when she noticed the window open.

You can't be serious right now...

She gulped and closed it, feeling a little lightheaded because of the growing anxiety and fear. She just quickly fixed her stuff and sprayed the watermelon hair spray that Atsumu had let her borrow. 

The girl locked the door after getting out and hurriedly walked over to the gym. Still, the feeling of someone watching her didn't go away.

Her skin felt prickly.

"Good morning," She muttered quietly to the team before handing the coaches the notes she had gathered and made from last night. The two coaches eyed her hair but just complimented her, which she just gave a simple thanks at.

"Y/n."

The girl turned her head up from her clipboard as Kita neared her. He eyed her pale blonde hair, "What's with the sudden....bleach?"

"Nothing," She quietly said, "Go back to practice, Shinsuke."

He raised a brow, "You're not the type to suddenly do that. Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong," She said, a little nervous and annoyed. The girl didn't want Kita to be involved with her problems.

She keeps it that way. Keep her problems private to refrain questions she doesn't want to bother answering.

Atsumu was another story though. She admit telling him a little bit of her trauma was a light relief for her heavy feelings.

"Y/n, don't be stubborn," Kita warned but still had worry in his eyes.

She gathered courage, "Shinsuke, go back to practice."

The gym fell awkward and silent as she slightly raised her voice at their captain. Even the coaches didn't know what to do, the tension between their manager and their captain.