12. triangle

(a/n: i can already sense your future hate for me from miles away after and/or during your read in this chapter lol)

(man, just skip to chapter 15 if you dont want to be angry and leave this book, i recommend it. people are extremely disappointing with their comments up until chapter 14 but like i cant judge since it's their opinion, not mine.)

THIRD POV

"Hey hey hey!!"

Y/n's heart fluttered.

"Y/n, long time no see!" The human owl beamed.

Her heart fluttered more, butterflies swarming her stomach. A slight smile grazed her lips, cheeks moderately red.

But it was not because of him-it was because of the boy beside him.

"K-Keiji," She greeted with a low head bow. The said boy lazily stared at her before doing the same.

He let out a silent sigh, "L/n-san."

"I told you, Y/n is fine..," She frowned slightly.

The boy merely shrugged lightly before noticing his friend's reaction.

"Bokuto-san?" He hesitantly asked. The girl's eye/s remained on him only.

"Yes, Akaashi?" He gave him a big, fake smile.

He was hurt at the fact that Y/n ignored him. Let alone spare even a single glance.

Bokuto willed himself to lift his own mood up-he didn't want to let Y/n see him like this. Not when he still needs to impress her and tear her attention away from Akaashi. No matter how many times Y/n refused his attempts, he couldn't give up. He couldn't be disheartened.

He liked her so much, after all.

"Nothing. Let's get going, the team is waiting for us," Akaashi said before turning his back from his captain.

He nodded, "Right."

"Y/n-"

She already turned around but slightly halted when he heard her, "Oh-sorry, Bokuto-san. My team is waiting for me."

He can't help but frown. Even though it was always like this whenever she was around-it was difficult to get used to it. But who could blame him? Her crush likes his close friend. Not to mention, he knew the girl longer than Akaashi had known her. Bokuto balled his fists in annoyance as he stared at Akaashi from afar.

What does he even have that I don't?

His golden eyes widened, slapping both his cheeks with both palms. Bokuto couldn't believe he just tried to compare him and Akaashi. He scoffed before getting back to his own team.

Of course she'd like him more than me. Akaashi is perfect-looks, intelligence, body, manners, and he's even athletic. I'm no competition for him, he automatically wins.

Ever since Y/n laid her eyes on him she immediately got allured, and then all her attention from me got transferred to Akaashi. She would only respond to me when I asked an important question-which is really rare since she told me I ask the dumbest questions.

Right, dumb like me.

Insecurities flooded his system, suddenly feeling drained. He fidgeted and stared at his hands, his beliefs becoming unrealistic. The boy thought his hands were unsightly as it was slightly covered with calluses from numerous training he had done. He stared at the reflective floor, he frowned as he thought his hair looked too exaggerated and unpleasant.